Injector problems.

bulldog77

I traded some injectors awhile back and finally got time to install these. Once i installed a coupled leaked (new copper washers on injectors and return and only 3 miles) so i talked with the original builder and he had me send them to him were he checked them out and lapped the discs. I got them back and installed again and one still leaked. Switched holes maybe thinking bad return or feed line but same one leaked. than i sent it off and had the body replaced and it lasted 10 miles and behold same one leaked. Anyone have any suggestions? They are 7x.014 with edge filters removed. I'm not going to name any parties involved just looking for some suggestions.

Sent from the recliner butt naked

Where is it leaking at exactly? I've seen guys get crap in the injector bore when swapping a set and they won't seal to the head. It was bubbling around the hold down nut. They brought the truck to me, cleaned up the bore, new washers, and problem solved.

Bores clean and it don't bubble out it comes out at a good flow
ady2eze5.jpg

Clean it with some brake clean and dry it off to get a better idea of where its leaking from.

When its running you can see it flowing pretty good from out of the hold down nut

I've tried different lines, new washers and moving it from hole to hole with same result. Bad leak.

ubume9un.jpg

7 hole out, 5x.02?(friends injectors and won't tell me actual size) Edge filters removed ready to go in tomorrow.

The leak you're having is from the body, hole count/size in the nozzle has nothing to do with it. My guess is that the injector body is cracked.

I knows the hole count has nothing to do with it. The body of the injector leaking has been replaced once

Has the spacer between the the body and the nozzle been replaced as well?

They were lapped or surfaced when they were sent to the original builder the first time. Now if it was replaced when the body was replaced, that i don't know for sure. Id have to ask the person who did that.

whenever mine do that, i just torque them 5lbs tighter till they stop leaking....

I literally had to re-install mine 4 times before I got them to stop dribbling. Set the washer in there all proper like, use the lug nut trick and gently tap the top of the injector in with a rubber mallet.

whenever mine do that, i just torque them 5lbs tighter till they stop leaking....

Same here.. The factory torque spec works fine most of the time. But there are times where it requires more torque.

Others that i put in had no leaks(at 50#). I put the 7 hole back in with a thicker washer and torqued to 65#. So I'll see this morning if i have any leaks after it greets to temp.

Others that i put in had no leaks(at 50#). I put the 7 hole back in with a thicker washer and torqued to 65#. So I'll see this morning if i have any leaks after it greets to temp.

The copper on the bottom won't make a difference because there is no fuel present, it just seals combustion pressure inside the head. It's either a cracked body/cracked tip; or the body, spacer plate, or tip have a bad spot on their flat sealing surface.

If you have a diesel shop local to you, have them pop-tested and fuel will be leaking up around the threads that the end cap threads onto.

After running last two days still have three leaking.

Ran 5x.029 with zero problems this last weekend.

Back