Injector ratings....

Nominal flow on this set was ~ 2070ml/min or ~ 2.070LPM.

Cal.jpg

That sounds like a good amount of fuel..... what were they rated?

It's a lot of fuel. Putting a HP number on them is a guess at best. 2.0lpm would be estimated in the 180 to 200HP range.

Considering I made 750hp on a single turbo and 1.6lpm nozzles, 2.0lpm is enough to get 800+ out of easily with the right set up

ha. flux 5.5's are what 275hp range bases on dons flux 4 numbers?

mine flow 2200 and 110% and that's a 5.5, but others say it's a 220hp

what freaking gives? argh!

It would be nice if all the injector companies rated theirs the same way.

This is my recent set of injectors from Exergy-

No he said all were fine,only 20,000 miles on the bodies.

Hmmm.... your return flow rates are pretty high. You might want to ask him more about it.....

Injector internal leakage - normal is 30 to 40 ml/min
when they get 60 or above it's time to consider replacing
internal pressure seal or entire injector depending on where
leak is occurring

from what i understand the 30-40ml is at idle but exergy measures the return flow at a higher pressure. at least thats what i think they told me when i got mine done lol

Viscor 1487 AW/2 Calibration fluid (SAE J967 or ISO 4113)
at 100 bar 40 deg C

That number is a average of the MPa ranges used. They say having the higher return rate isn't as important in a race truck as it is in a DD but, is a good indication of possible seal failure.

You can also measure the combined return rate from the back of the head. The specs for that test from cummins is searchable on this site.

I'd say the tests are done with the injector as a whole. It's the reason Exergy requires the whole injector to be sent to them. They may be flowed as a nozzle only too but, then they're also flowed with it installed. That's how they get the return rate among other info.

They flow the nozzle with out the body as part of their testing. I just got off the phone with Greg a week or so ago chatting about this process.

cummins specs for back of the head return is 180 ml/minute at idle. Thats about 30 per injector. The number is always little higher with truck at operating temp than cold. I did a set of brand spanking new injectors once and cold was 60 ml/minute and warm was 90 ml/minute. The thing is you can't separate the flows out to tell how much from each injector.

Back