Injector size help

What's the compression ratio on those pistons? FYI, if you deck the block .020" and add a .020" over head gasket, you actually lose some compression ratio because the fire ring bore on the gasket is wider than the cylinder bore.

That's what I have in it now and they are hotter than he'll no way could tow with them

I would verify what you have, and see if they are in good working order. You need no larger delivery valve if you cannot keep EGT's in check with stock 131's.

Changing from a 131 to a 181 will most likely not make any discernible difference, it would seem your best money spent would be on a better turbocharger and having your injectors checked/cleaned.

Changing from a 131 to a 181 will most likely not make any discernible difference, it would seem your best money spent would be on a better turbocharger and having your injectors checked/cleaned.

I'm betting it has big DVs with the heat issues he's having.

I guess we should not assume the 131's claimed to be in the pump in post #17 are not modified.

getting set 181s off buddy mine this weekend have set full cuts but that probably just make it hotter

Yeah the 181s helped alot and the waste gate was screwed up got it fixed now can it only get up to like 1300 degrees. timings at 20

Ever find out what pistons you have? Quite a few people call anything with a bowl similar to a marine piston a marine piston. That bowl shape ranges from 15.3:1 to 18.5:1.

Back