Input on adding 10.50 Index class at TS Outlaw

Dennis Perry

Banned
Some racers have expressed an interest in this class again. It is not a problem to add next year to the event but I wanted to see who may be interested. Same rules as 12.0 just going to move the index to 10.50. Let me hear some thoughts.

Dennis

I think it's a good idea to try this index. There's a big gap between the 12.0 class and the 9's it takes to be "in the hunt" in Pro Street.

I think it's a good idea as lots of trucks are faster than 12's but aren't at pro street level

We are all for it! If you make the class, we will build our truck to race in it.

I love that idea. Doesn't overlap like super street and pro street do in nerda.

Same rules as 12.0 plus a roll cage?

FTR, I have not looked the rules in a long time and assume 12.0 does not require a cage, since NHRA does not require it until 11.50.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Sounds like a great class to add. There are alot of people that can run that fast, but don't meet the rules of SS

Same rules as 12.0 plus a roll cage?

FTR, I have not looked the rules in a long time and assume 12.0 does not require a cage, since NHRA does not require it until 11.50.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

thats the way i'm taking it. the next nhra rule comes into play at 10.39 right?

Its a great idea.

The average dude can build a daily driver 12.0 index truck no cage... and be relatively affordable.

Take that same set up, drop it in a lighter chassis and the average dude can probably run 10.5 and keep it affordable.

Thats been one of my biggest downturns to attending some events, superstreet is a 9 second class anymore, and then next step is 11.9-12.0 class, pretty big jump imho, and not everyone wants to deal with 9.99 rules, and not everyone wants to run 12s...

i say DO IT

Back