installed my injectors.

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Well i finally installed the stage 2 injectors smokem showed me but i canno give an accurate opinion or ride review on them until i get some thing ironed out.

1. I installed the injectors put it all back togetherand come to find out that injectors 3,5,6 and DV 1,5,6 all leak. I torqed them to factory specs. My question is does anybody else tq thiers to factory or do you just tighten them down?

2. Now my truck idles rough, if i sit at a red light long enough it kind of shakes a bit. I dont know what would cause it. I also put my buddies new overflow in to eliminate that possibility and it didnt really help. also the roughness get faster as rpm's increase but once you get to about 2700 you cannot feal it. again WTF?

3. If i were to sit there and dead rev the truck before it would sputter at just after 2k it still does this but now it does it every once in awhile while driving down the road. also with my 4k kit once i stand on it it startes to spit , sputter and put out white smoke at 3200 and will not rev any higher. I am still stumped, i have also noticed that once i get to about 2800 the pedle becomes harder to push. does this have anything to do with contact with my fuel plate?

i am not sur if all of this leads to the fact i have not tightened my injectors yet because i have not had time or if there is something else. i will tighten them in about 3 hours from now and let you guys know.

Also smokem, i need to pm you when you are on, i removed that piece we talked about in the pump and at first the truck ididnt want to idle and now when i start it up the idles is about 500 or lower could removing that have anything to do with the above problems.

anyhelp is great because these are driving me insane.

rick

I wonder if part of the problem is where your injectors are not sealing tight if you are getting air into your system?

Justin

if you pulled out the high speed stop on the govener end of the pump, i know what you are talking about. i have done this on other pumps and picked up a few hundred rpm, but the last pump i did it to messed up. every time i would floor it and let it run up to say 120 or so it would not idle. i would readjust the ide and it would be fine till i did another 1/4 mile blast. last pump i put on i just ran it in, i quite pulling them out.

Well i tightened down my injectors and fuel lines and they are not leaking anymore and it seems to be running strong. Should i have not done that?

Smokem i dk know what happened but truck now idles at 750 which is where it does before, i am not sure if the leaks just made it worse but now i have no issues other then the following.

1. Still when i dead rev the truck or rev it up real fast for a downshift i still get that blip after 2k.

2. I still cannot go above 3200 without sputter and it falling on its face.

The other "thing" i have noticed is when you just sit there without moving and slowly get on the throttle the rpm slowly rise with the pressure that is applied. But once i get above 1800 they seem to climb real fast like you would expect a 4k gsk but once i get to about 2800 it slows down again. again i ask WTF? Im not sure if am just getting used to the truck or i expect more for what i have? I am getting to the point of being done with it for now so i would like to get these little problems fixed so i can turn toward my future project. (hopefully a 4bt in an 87 d150:evil )

Thanks Rick

fuel filter, overflow valve, pre-filter screen........???

Check those if it is sputtering at higher rpms and higher throttle levels.

Lance

None of the above. Apparently i put in a 3k gsk instead of the 4k.:bang Every once in a while the truck would go above 3200 but more often then not it wouldnt.

On a side note anybody had thier fuel gel up and when they reved the truck it actually backfired.:hehe: scared the **** outta me today.

well i atleast think it was fuel gelled. because when i was driving home from work it wanted to spit sputter and give out white smoke but about 11 miles from work it all cleared up and ran like a raped ape. Or maybe something was clogged. all i know was it ran great the rest of the night.

Guy's I just purchased a set of these stage two's and the saleman assured me that they were the correct spray pattern for our truck's,has anyone found out if this is true? Also anyone test yet???

I just set the timing to 16*,the truck is a 95 with a ten plate,do you think I will see any cylinder wash out??

So I guess they are B.S. artists then?If thats the case I'm not very happy because my purchase of new injecters was based on the correct spray pattern because I am burning grease as a secondary fuel and I am very concerned with cylinder wash. I would like to call them on there claim but I need solid proof that what they are telling me is not true.....

No they are not BS artists!!

THEY ARE THE CORRECT 155* SPRAY PATTER WHICH IS WHAT THE AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATION CALLS FOR. BUT YOUR TIMING AND WASHER THICKNESS CAN AFFECT THEIR PERFORMANCE. WRONG WASHER THICKNESS AND TIMING AND THEY CAN RIM FIRE OR CYLINDER WASH THE SAME WITH TO MUCH TIMING, THA PATTERN CAN HIT INSIDE OF THE BOWL. THEY ARE GOOD INJECTORS BUT WHAT MANY PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND IS YOU CANNOT JUST THROW ANY INJECTOR IN. THERE ARE FACTORS AND TUNING YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET THE POWER YOU WANT. YOUHVE TO TUNE THEM TO BE OPTIMUN WITH YOUR SETUP. YOU HAVE TO ACCOUNT HEADGASKET THICKNESS, INJECTOR WASHER THICKNESS, AND TIMING INTO ACCOUNT. THEY ARE A GOOD INJECTOR FOR THE PRICE AND A GREAT STEPPING STONE FOR THOSE WITHOUT INJECTOER OR THOSE WITH SMALLER ONES. THAT IS WHY SMOKEM POINTED THEM OUT. JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT FULLY UNDERSAND SOMETHING ORT IT SOUND LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE DOES NOT MAKE IT BS. THERE IS ALOT MORE TO THESE TRUCK AND PUMPS THEN JUST BOLTING STUFF ON OR SLIDING IT FORWARD.

I'm hearing two differant stories here and I'm hoping that the injecters are the correct pattern as I was told by the seller that is what I'm after.I did not intend to ruffle feathers,I just want to make sure that what I bought is what was sold to me. I am aware that things need to be looked at and that there is some tuning involved.

Sorry about that shoust that post was directed to everybody who thinks they are BS. Your just happened to be that last one before i cam on to make that post.

Look Dude I'm totaly with you on this I always thought that a decent injecter should be sold for a decent price and that it should be the same spray pattern for our trucks. On that note on hoping that is what we bought??I guess we shall see?

I thought the Dodge application was a 145* pattern??

I'm guessing I should use .020 washers with these injectors...but what kind of timing should I run. I was thinking 20*, but that sounds like that might be too high for these sticks!

Chris

I'm going to try the timing at 16* and work from there,.020 washers? Do you think that will correct the pattern??

Back