Intake manifold design

No cutouts and I doubt a 2.5" core is gonna flow enough for 1k ponies
The bulge on a hood that is essentially one big bulge is gonna look goofy. Especially a 2.5" bulge starting a foot off the nose lol.

Going back to the core.... If I made a one off stepped core with an srt type hood that might do the trick.
Just weld a larger core on top of a smaller one.
ru4a9e8a.jpg

Eleanor hood?

tega6yha.jpg

Or relocate to battery, put it in the rt fender and just run a pipe over. Not ideal but it'll work...

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Last edited:
That looks like it was built for a cooler to be there! The issue I'm finding is I need two batteries (damn cold weather) and I have two physically large turbos. So there's that and then there's the mechanisms to function them and we still haven't talked about the air filter....

I need that guy pounding his head on the nail. :nail: I hope that's it lol

Here is a pic of the old a/w setup on my 24v. I think it's a type 10, maybe? From frozen boost, ill have to double check. It's not rated for as much cfm or power that you are shooting for. Had to remove the hood insulation an cut a few ridges off the inner hood to get it to fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
battery is easy just build a box and stick them in the bed or under the bed. the rest is difficult...
If you dont mind the lag you can stick one of your chargers down by the trans, just have long ass piping. tailpipe turbos are kind of a gasser thing.

battery is easy just build a box and stick them in the bed or under the bed. the rest is difficult...
If you dont mind the lag you can stick one of your chargers down by the trans, just have long ass piping. tailpipe turbos are kind of a gasser thing.

I mind the lag, and really don't like the extra work piping and exposure. There will be the mechanism to control the turbo as well. That isn't gonna hold up well exposed to snow ice salt and sand.

Here is a pic of the old a/w setup on my 24v. I think it's a type 10, maybe? From frozen boost, ill have to double check. It's not rated for as much cfm or power that you are shooting for. Had to remove the hood insulation an cut a few ridges off the inner hood to get it to fit.

I'm gonna look into that core thickness... What's the height of the 24v valve cover?

I'm not real sure on the 24v valve cover height, if mine wasn't tore all apart I'd measure it for you.

A single group 31 battery should be enough. My 1st gen would start with a cold block, half throttle, and 2 grid heater cycles in about 2 revolutions in -10°. Keep the RPMs around 1k until you can back off to idle.

I live in an apartment. As long as the battery wasn't 5 years old, it would fire them up.

Back