intercoolers?

Finally got my Hellman intercooler on my 6.0 this weekend. Had to swap out the loaner Spearco I had from Buddy. The end tanks on the Spearco are super swollen, lol. I'm not sure how it didn't blow out. It was pretty neat coming back from a drive with the Hellman intercooler and feeling the fins on the hot side of the intercooler, then feeling the fins on the cold side. Turns out the hot side is actually hot, and the cold side is actually cold. LOL

Finally got my Hellman intercooler on my 6.0 this weekend. Had to swap out the loaner Spearco I had from Buddy. The end tanks on the Spearco are super swollen, lol. I'm not sure how it didn't blow out. It was pretty neat coming back from a drive with the Hellman intercooler and feeling the fins on the hot side of the intercooler, then feeling the fins on the cold side. Turns out the hot side is actually hot, and the cold side is actually cold. LOL

Infrared temp gun? They are a little more accurate than a finger thermometer.

Good idea Doug. If I remember I'll check mine with a good gun in St Louis this weekend.

Rich you could always put some Racepak air temp sensors in there with a v500. Stop being cheap.

The DIIC/Hellmann IC's are tube and fin.
The bar and plate vs tube and fin or the physical size is not what a person should be looking at, as that is not what determines how efficient the core is at transferring heat.
The turbulators inside the air core portion are what will determine that.

That said you will be hard pressed to find a more efficient intercooler than a DIIC/Hellmann unit.

Air to air is 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Air to water are one shot wonders that do significantly more cooling at a cost. Buying ice ,draining tank ,parasitic drag with a electric pump.....they are no comparison.

Back