Interesting night

JOHNBOY

ZF6 Sled Puller
I went Full Pull Productrions "Rumble at the Red Bank"

I ended up the test hook for the Pro Street Class.

I planned on droping the hook. I had just switched to 33" STS tires. I had the aired up on the hard side to make sure I could keep them spinning. If I would have got a second attempt I would have aired them down as I had no trouble on the loose track keeping them spinning. I did not end up dropping the hook. At the end of the first hook the return line of the second CP3 came loose spray fuel and causing a fire. The return line comes from the second CP3 Ts into the stock return line using stock style fuel line quick connects. One of those quick connects came loose. I will be replacing those this week! Lucky for me the track crew was quick with the Halon extinguishers. I got the fitting put back together and drove it back on the trailer with no issues. What I think happened is that when I let of all the fuel from two pumps set on kill hit the return side and was to much from the quick disconnect and blew open.

I am think hard about going with an onboard extinguisher system like this http://store.summitracing.com/partd...839021+4294844941+4294786699+115&autoview=sku Anybody have any advice on onboard extinguishers.

I dont think the leak affected anything during the pull. My log looked good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ4vmjc_AbU

I went Full Pull Productrions "Rumble at the Red Bank"

I ended up the test hook for the Pro Street Class.

I planned on droping the hook. I had just switched to 33" STS tires. I had the aired up on the hard side to make sure I could keep them spinning. If I would have got a second attempt I would have aired them down as I had no trouble on the loose track keeping them spinning. I did not end up dropping the hook. At the end of the first hook the return line of the second CP3 came loose spray fuel and causing a fire. The return line comes from the second CP3 Ts into the stock return line using stock style fuel line quick connects. One of those quick connects came loose. I will be replacing those this week! Lucky for me the track crew was quick with the Halon extinguishers. I got the fitting put back together and drove it back on the trailer with no issues. What I think happened is that when I let of all the fuel from two pumps set on kill hit the return side and was to much from the quick disconnect and blew open.

I am think hard about going with an onboard extinguisher system like this http://store.summitracing.com/partd...839021+4294844941+4294786699+115&autoview=sku Anybody have any advice on onboard extinguishers.

I dont think the leak affected anything during the pull. My log looked good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ4vmjc_AbU

That sucks man! Did the fire damage any wiring etc.? Nice hook.

That sucks man! Did the fire damage any wiring etc.? Nice hook.

Nothing that I have found yet. I am worried about the glow plug controler. It was right under the fitting. But it looked OK so far.

Nothing that I have found yet. I am worried about the glow plug controler. It was right under the fitting. But it looked OK so far.

Man, you got lucky. You better play the lotto, if that were me, the damn stadium would have blown up.:hehe:

Bummer John, glad it wasn't a catastrophe. Dan (my buddy with the big block gasser) told me you two talked and that you (and he) were hoping nothing broke. Hope it's an easy fix, and glad you were all right and nothing burnt.

is that a problem that anyone else with dodges or duramaxs have had before or are you the first? glad they got it put out for you, that could have turned into a big problem, wonder what an insurance company would tell ya if something like that ever would happen?

Looks good, truck looks so much better with tires on it!!

glad that's the only fix for you johnboy.

i am looking for a tranny jack

Bummer John, glad it wasn't a catastrophe. Dan (my buddy with the big block gasser) told me you two talked and that you (and he) were hoping nothing broke. Hope it's an easy fix, and glad you were all right and nothing burnt.

Dan had a good hook. 4th place in the gas class. We both drove back on the trailer so I say it was a good night

is that a problem that anyone else with dodges or duramaxs have had before or are you the first? glad they got it put out for you, that could have turned into a big problem, wonder what an insurance company would tell ya if something like that ever would happen?
I have no idea if I am the olny one to ever have this problem. I doubt I will have it again!

It happened off road so I doubt the insurance would touch it.
Looks good, truck looks so much better with tires on it!!
No more sleeper look. It really does look like a pulling truck now. I had several people comment on how different it looks now.

I need to get all four tires working for me. My E-Locker has been giving me gene lately. I am going to try and get the stock diff welded and in this week.

glad that's the only fix for you johnboy.

i am looking for a tranny jack

It looks like an easy fix thankfully. What did you hurt? Clutch? Trans?

Damn John..that was a good pull. Thankfully those guys got the fire out before any serious damage happend!

Damn John..that was a good pull. Thankfully those guys got the fire out before any serious damage happend!

The fireman where very quick. Thankfully!:rockwoot:

The stack seems to help. Truck has pulled better ever since I put it on.:st: Increased smoke height must be the key

It looks like an easy fix thankfully. What did you hurt? Clutch? Trans?

well i dont know what i did i think it was the pressure plate. i am still looking for a tranny jack but it looks like i will be making one

Dan had a good hook. 4th place in the gas class. We both drove back on the trailer so I say it was a good night
He told me he got fourth, but his check said third?!?!
And...he still got back to the shop in time to finish my water pump Saturday night!

well i found out what i did to my clutch i welded the rear disk to the floater plate :( o what a night i was at the red bank

will be coming back with a vengence at the pulls i didnt do well in
and lets say fullpullproductions kinda needs to get their act together...LOL (they won't)

Back