I've got problems

sootman said:
I know which converter you want. That badboy I can't seem to put in my truck.:hehe: :bang

you are correct.

and kyle....after i embarass you with my auto, you will be wishing you had an auto :rockwoot:

yfz04drt said:
Cant argue with that one.:kick: I may have a chance on a 60mph roll on the highway.:poke:
Kyle you have an email. Don't call out a truck the has at least 200 more hp than you.:doh:

Im talking about after injectors. As long as his truck is sitting in your driveway, I stand an even better chance.:Cheer:

yfz04drt said:
Im talking about after injectors. As long as his truck is sitting in your driveway, I stand an even better chance.:Cheer:

This might actually be a good idea. To see what the same mods on an auto and a 6spd will do. It will be a driver's race.....all on you Kyle.:pop:

Yea kyle...when I leave the line at 20psi in 4wd, I don't think you will be able to catch me! :poke:

Bobby....intake manifold and grid heater delete block will be at your house tommorrow.

973604x4 said:
Yea kyle...when I leave the line at 20psi in 4wd, I don't think you will be able to catch me! :poke:

Bobby....intake manifold and grid heater delete block will be at your house tommorrow.

Sent damaged flexplate and bolts to JTT this morning. Stay on his butt about sending me something back.

So it all went back together today....and guess what....

on the test drive, the cp3 explodes. a barrel in the cp3 literally blows out of the cp3. So, sootman replaced the cp3 and now its mis-firing and smoking like a freight train. Injectors, rail, and any other possibilities are being checked as I type.

I knew I was having rail pressure problems before the flexplate issue. Theres are thread about there here: http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=155527

What about me? I'm the poor sap that worked on it from friday morning to saturday morning. No lie, ask Phil. A good sized 1st grader could take me right now.:hehe: From now on when I do a CP3 upgrade, I am removing the barrel's and checking for scoring and dirt. Apparently Phil's had been contaminated severly and pitted and scored 2 barrel's. One of them enough to cause it to grenade the first time I got on it. Sounded like a grenade by the way.LOL That wasn't really that funny actually....... We may have some debris in two of the injectors now. I have to flush out tommorrow. I mean today.:bang

cp33.jpg

One of the freeze plugs blew out of the cp3. In this picture, one of the barrels is stuck in the cp3. The other 2 came out but I terribly chewed up. Look at the freeze plug hole in the center of the picture. you can see where metal knocked around in there.

cp31.jpg

This is a chewed up "piston" out of one of the barrels. LOOK at that!!!!

cp32.jpg

The one on the left is supposed to be just like the one on the right....oh but wait, half of it is missing!

cp35.jpg

Gotta give mad props to this guy. This pic was taken at 1am last night. He started working on my truck at 9 the morning before. Installed new flexplate, went for test drive, blew my CP3, installed a new cp3, installed a new tie rod on my truck, pulled all 6 injectors and rail and cleaned them. As of last night when I left, he had pulled 4 of the 6 again. Thats dedication, i don't care who you are. 5 and 6 were still mis-firing. When the injector plug to 5 and 6 were pulled, the truck runs just fine. 5 & 6 plugged in, it has a fuel knock from the cp3 debris stuck in the injectors.

Today, 5 & 6 will be pulled and taken apartment. The injector bodies will be torn down and will sit and soak a while, then re-install and hope for the best.

All of these pics were taken off my cell phone. I plan to get better pics when I go back to get the truck.

Bobby definatly will not give up if something isnt right on a truck hes working on. When my truck was down he would be up till 2 or 3am troubleshooting. He'll always have business. I think Phils truck and mine are cursed.:poke:

yfz04drt said:
Bobby definatly will not give up if something isnt right on a truck hes working on. When my truck was down he would be up till 2 or 3am troubleshooting. He'll always have business. I think Phils truck and mine are cursed.:poke:

Bobby is dedicated beyond normal human standards LOL Yours is cursed? You haven't gotten to my level yet bud. I am now on my 3rd flexplate, 3rd set of 3rd gear clutches, 2nd ECM, 3rd aftermarket turbo set-up, 2nd BCM, 2nd wiring harness, 2nd intercooler, 3 tie rods replaced, uhhh thats all i can remember right now

Back