Titanium keepers and retainers
O'ringed head- w/brand new head gasket
South bend DD 3850
Big input shaft
HD hydraulics- brand new
FASS hpgp- 95gph
KDP fixed
P Pump- Barrels turned, 5K kit, rack plug. 450cc Fuel

i dont kno alot about diesels but i kno the basics lol just looking for some help.
i think i needs a set of injectors first im thinking 5x12's or 5x14's when you free rev it it seems to have a miss to it and when you get on it the egt's go to 2200 right as soon as you hit the throttle. im assuming it does this because it has so much pump work and stock injectors but idk any help will be greatly appreciated thanks guys

i was also thinking maybe upgraded delivery valves? but idk what to do first just realy wana get the egt's down
truck did have twins and 5x14's but they got sold separatly thats the only reason it has stock injectors

If you are looking to get your egts down I'd be looking at a different turbo or water meth before you add more fuel. If you add more fuel more than likely your egt's are going to go up thats from my experience.

Bigger turbo running less boost. Might even look into the exhaust pathway. Is there a nice radiused curve into the stacks or a sharp 90 degree elbow? Stacks look good and can flow well, provided you don't have a choke point right after the downpipe

Definitely save for a turbo to get the egt down. Water meth can do it too but turbos have gotten cheap enough in the recent years that they are an affordable option to reduce egt.

ok guys the stock turbo is waistgated at 45psi do you think maybe being timed at 22* is to much and that might be part of why my egts are so high? it runs pretty well not realy looking for more power just more useable power i dont realy understand why the egts are that high it scares the **** outa me lol

turbo

Just finished installing a he351 in place of my hx35, because I got it toasty to many times.. Fix the air first and get the temps down before it forces you.

thanks jakerc69 and knoberman me to its a glowshift im about to buy an autometer and see what it does then

More air is needed not necessarily boost but CFM. I too would check your pyro against a known good gauge.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

When I first installed my gauges in my dually many years ago, first time I fired the truck up, it read 1000 degrees at idle and pegged the gauge just running down a residential road at 30 km/h. Turns out on of the wires in the connector to the gauge had come loose. It was making a poor connection, giving the false reading. Pull the gauge and make sure the wires are properly seated in the connectors and good connection is being made.

Gauge sounds off....more turbo too, compounds if you can afford them. Right now, if your cc level is accurate, you have about 700-800hp worth of fuel and about 400-450hp worth of turbo.

Edit: More injectors will make your EGTs worse, and so will less timing.

That turbo is completely out of its map at 45psi. 34-36psi. max. with that "lil fella".

im just waiting for the well I blew up my turbo post.... you are ridiculously over fuled for your air.

Back