just bought a new truck what mods do you think i should do next

You definitely need to get a bigger charger on there Cameron, then maybe throw some bigger injectors in it.

And I would say that gauge has sh!t it's self or you need to take out the probe and clean it and see what it does then.

Last edited:
Needs a bigger turbo for sure. With my truck i used to peg a 2000* gauge in a heartbeat and without changing the gauge went to a silver 64 instead of the old HX35 ( I was pulling 65lbs out of the HX35) and the temps came WAY down... also blew that motor up in the learning process... get a turbo on that thing soon or you'll end up with a bill much larger than just a turbo.

Sounds to me they pulled the injectors and turbo and put stock stuff on before you bought it. I've been there mine was the same way. I had a hx35/40 hybrid with 5x12s, full cuts, no plate, and a loose AFC. I don't know what the egts were cuz they put the probe after the turbo. That turbo lasted 6 months!

Sounds to me they pulled the injectors and turbo and put stock stuff on before you bought it. I've been there mine was the same way. I had a hx35/40 hybrid with 5x12s, full cuts, no plate, and a loose AFC. I don't know what the egts were cuz they put the probe after the turbo. That turbo lasted 6 months!

Yeah this used to be my old truck. Had hx35 over a smaller s400 with 5x14s in it.

thanks for all the help guys and yes i bought it off of holsky and sold it i dont actually own it again yet but my coworker has it and i can buy it back cheap just trying to figure out why its getting hot and what to do i was afraid that with egts that hot that its got melted pistons lol

and austin does that truck have stock dv's?,and i found another truck to im gona go look at tomarrow you prolly kno the guy his name is keith hughes its a blue single cab 24v

Back