Keating machine vs zz fab

cummins732

Wondered if anyone has ran Keating machine intake runner? Is there differences in runners or just price? Trying to get info before buying. Thanks

All our pro street trucks have keatings manifold. Its a very nice piece and very sturdy also.

Taterbuilt

SANY0136.jpg

Taterbuilt

SANY0136.jpg

I like both people so no picking sides with me. I met Greg (ZZ) in the fall of 07' in Houston and commented on the manifold like the one above but longer runners. I said "hum interesting, convergent duct technology" Greg looked at me and said how do you know that, simple I'm a Jet Engine mechanic in the Navy. Convergent duct, the top of the runner is wider than the bottom and that creates increased velocity and decreases pressure....like the back of a jet engine!

Jim

The taterbuilt manifolds are a good quality. Adam is one heck of a craftsman. He is tater_thrower76 on here.

i dont have a link but he did the head on my truck. He is the old mechanic from pure diesel power that did heads. Does great work

Well since everyone wants shiny stuff here is his polished one.

intakemanifold.jpg

The unpolished one is much cheaper then zz fab and cheaper then Keating.

Jealous of the 12v guys!! Wish the 24v ports were not shared.

If someone has a 24v runner manifold that would like to swap around and try. I'd be game to get it on the dyno and find out if one makes more than the other.
Depending on the bolt pattern of the intake and stock I/C placement of course.

All it take would be swapping my intake/lines/ic piping onto yours. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345825711.383589.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345825750.647132.jpg
ZZ Fabs newest Individual tapered runner manifold.

Jealous of the 12v guys!! Wish the 24v ports were not shared.

If someone has a 24v runner manifold that would like to swap around and try. I'd be game to get it on the dyno and find out if one makes more than the other.
Depending on the bolt pattern of the intake and stock I/C placement of course.

All it take would be swapping my intake/lines/ic piping onto yours. View attachment 37227
View attachment 37228
ZZ Fabs newest Individual tapered runner manifold.

You don't want to do that. Dyno's are the devil. Just put it on your pulling truck and if it goes one inch farther down the track it makes more power. If it doesn't, blame the track.LOL

Back