Keep hopping any one have any suggestions?

Caseman

cummins fanatic
So i just got the monster pump, injectors and turbo done not to long ago and i got traction bars and bump stops. Thats when i started having all the problems hopping. Im pulling in 4th 4low and soon as i get the clutch out it starts hopping. I pulled last weekend and my front left tire came off the ground. Do i need to run a weight rack up front to keep from hopping or what? Im running some firestone destination ats on my stock wheels which are 285s. Im running 60psi in the back and 40 up front. I just cant seem to keep it from hopping. Anybody have any suggestions on what i should do? I dont have a video. I cant get past the 100 ft mark with out it hopping. Anybody have the same problems? Any suggestions?
Thanks

i forget. I have a ext cab sb and they reach to the middle of the back door. I tighten them up just a little bit when i pull.

i would start with weight first. if you already have all the weights you will need. should help out greatly

I got plenty of weights i just got to take make the weight rack. The only thing is if i put hanging weights on it i wont beable to run workstock but ill build the rack and see if that fixes the problem.

Does your clutch engage smoth? If it chatters any at all, that can start the bouncing! The clutch is an over looked cause of bouncing!

Does your clutch engage smoth? If it chatters any at all, that can start the bouncing! The clutch is an over looked cause of bouncing!

this was my problem.
i was trying to come off about 3000rpm and i would hop really bad, then i just said screw it put the foot all the way and never let up to the end and it helped out alot. my pedal is really sensitive. also i rode the clutch longer too which i dont really like

Beets thats the same way im taking off is around 3000 and then letting the clutch out. Ill try putting it to the floor next time and letting out. My throttle is very sensitive also.

i forget. I have a ext cab sb and they reach to the middle of the back door. I tighten them up just a little bit when i pull.

When I was building my traction bars I read in a few threads that pre loading them can cause hoping... I only tighten them up to where they are snug and thats it...

I agree....take the preload out of the bars.
I watched you the other night and wondered if "easing" into the throttle was part of the problem. Might try like they said and just floor it instead of easin into it....I don't really know on that since I'm an auto guy...but it makes sense.

One thing is for sure...you were hoppin BAD the other night. That track was tight and rough, not much more you could've done. Glad you didn't tear anything up.

Let me know where you're goin next and I'll try to come watch and see if I can offer any assistance. :rockwoot:

When you say you are tightening up the bars are you extending them so that they are tight or retracting them to make the pull tight? If you tighten them up make sure you are extending them and making them longer.

I tighten them up to make them shorter is what i was told to do so. Am is suppost to lengthen them? I thought making them shorter would help more cause your keeping the axle from wrapping am i wrong? I just started pulling last year so im still trying to learn all the tricks.

I tighten them up to make them shorter is what i was told to do so. Am is suppost to lengthen them? I thought making them shorter would help more cause your keeping the axle from wrapping am i wrong? I just started pulling last year so im still trying to learn all the tricks.

Where are your bars mounted- if they are off of the bottom of the axle then you need to lengthen the bars to push the rear out. By shortening them you are actually aiding in the axle wrap. GOOD LUCK-Steven

with a stock stick clutch you need to feather it outa the hole or STAND on it - no in betweens

if you go to or have a slipper clutch you need to use it like it is intended - slide it out

I know our slipper cutch wont stand playin at all , slip it or hop it

i would let it run as many rpm as it will then let the clutch out smooth but quick im usually am all the way out by the time the wheel makes one full rotation maybe a tad longer. I take off at 3600rpm and run 31-3200rpm down the track. i run 20psi front tires and 40psi rear which are 285/75/16 procomp extreme mts. I also have no bars or stops just 1000lbs in the bed. My truck does not hop one bit and never has.

Where are your bars mounted- if they are off of the bottom of the axle then you need to lengthen the bars to push the rear out. By shortening them you are actually aiding in the axle wrap. GOOD LUCK-Steven

if this is how yours are set up you need to leaghten them and put that foot on the floor. and it should help

if you push the rear out it will bring the pinion down. and when an axle wraps the pinion trys to point up.

Back