Keep hopping any one have any suggestions?

I pulled one time without weights on front, never again-hopped bad, doesn't usually hop with weights on front. If it does i let off-back up and slip clutch longer out of hole, soon as the clutch is out, smash the throttle. I run 40psi rear 30psi front- u dont want too much air in rear , serves as more of a pivot point to take weight off the front axle. my traction bars have no preload and no play.

But wouldnt running low air in the rears cause the tires to compress more, lowering hitch height when pulling down the track?

I tighten them up to make them shorter is what i was told to do so. Am is suppost to lengthen them? I thought making them shorter would help more cause your keeping the axle from wrapping am i wrong? I just started pulling last year so im still trying to learn all the tricks.

That could be a lot of the problem. If they are mounted to the bottom of the axle then you need to lengthen them. Try that out and bring it out hotter and you shouldn't have a problem. Good Luck!

thoughts
we run 60 psi rear, 20 psi front, bars are neutral, doesnt matter where we put the weight
only time we ever got bounce is when the rear tires were at 35-40 psi
we are an automatic
In my buddies truck with the stick, and slipper clutch and hangin weights - if you let the clutch out too fast as in dont hold yur foot on it hard/long enough the front will come right off the ground, he runs 20/60 psi and neutral bars as well

Back