Lacking fire in one hole!

Hmmmm, right on...

Well, its definitely not going to get torqued to 85ft/lb, for one i dont have the socket and because it cuts off the fuel to that cylinder if the thing is tight at all!

Its actually backed off about 1/4 turn from 'seating' right now, with the line tightened back up onto it. Its been running like a top, gone out for a ride and all is well.... just somethings not right with that DV...

Its hard to see how it would be 'failing' though, really its not a very complex piece... a spring loaded valve...

The DV slides up and down in the holder nicely (nice fit), the seats are not beat up, and the spring appears to be fine (not beat up or stretched)

Yet, when the bastard is tightened down in there, its almost like its somehow keeping the DV closed (i seriously had the line right off and their wasnt even a dribble coming out of it when i had the DV holder tightened right down)

Tighten it up = no fuel/run like crap

Leave it loose = runs like a top...

i agree, but WTF do ya do....

If anything i would have thought leaving it loose would F'k it right up (like you mentioned the fuel bypassing the DV) but it runs fine.

Whats really weird, the pump and lines have NEVER been off this truck in the last 8 years (old company truck so i know its past history), so that means the DV has been loose for a LONG time...

I cant imagine WTF would be going on, theirs no way the thing could have loosened up with the injector line still attatched to it...

This POS has got me stumped...

What would cause the DV to 'stick' when its tightened up?

I dont see it working itself that loose (maybe a bit) it was about 1 turn out from seating when i first started pulling things apart. I dont see it spinning that far with the line still attatched and no leaks (the line was nice and snug too)

How can it 'hang up'? i can see it getting beat up from being loose for so long and causing it not to seat/seal. But WTF, it totally cuts off fuel when its tightened up even with a set of pliers!

i have a buddy that might still have a 12v or 2 kicking around, im going to go see if hes got any p-pumped ones. might be able to rob a DV from it...

Any issues with running a different DV in it (say a 131 for example) for a while. If it is for some reason the DV itself, its going to be a few weeks (or longer... cash flow is zero right now) before i can order up some new ones and i need my wheels so ill be driving it for sure!

Ok, it just keeps getting better....

Just noticed that when i tighten this one down all the way, it sits about 1/4" closer towards the pump than the rest of the DV holders do...

almost as if the barrel has gotten longer... lol

whatttt... theeee.... FAKKKKKK!!!!....

So... It appears that the barrel let go!

Looks like its been hammering around for a little while too, the part that fractured off has a nice clean break on one side and the other side is dulled up a bit. Im assuming from the plunger moving the barrel up and down...

Im amazed that this wouldnt have caused anything more serious, i would have thought it might cause a bit of run-on or something seeing as the whole barrel was spinning around. So basically that cylinder was fueling all over the place depending on where the barrel spun to!

The other half is still stuck in the pump...

007.jpg

006-1.jpg

F'k me sideways.... Why couldnt this have happened last year when i had the money to fix it...

Now heres a real kicker.... Can i use any ol' barrel or does it have to be one specific to the 913/215 and its retarded 'retard' BS...

If it will help you out, I have a pump I took apart a few months ago that I could drop a barrel/plunger in the mail for you. I'm going to guess that you will need one to match the others, but just throwing it out there... PM me if you find out it will work...

Well, what a F'N adventure that was....

Just drove around to EVERYONE that might possibly have something. Out of about 30 people, only one guy has a p-pumped cummins (another 97 ram 215hp, so its perfect)... But... His boss is out of town at the moment and we need to check with him to see if he wants to part out that pump...

So, i might possibly have something. If hes not willing to part out that pump im screwed...

If it will help you out, I have a pump I took apart a few months ago that I could drop a barrel/plunger in the mail for you. I'm going to guess that you will need one to match the others, but just throwing it out there... PM me if you find out it will work...

What type of pump was it? I might have to hit you up on that offer if i cant find anything around here. Going to suck having to wait a couple of weeks though :(

The only 'good' pumps around town are on peoples working trucks!

Anyways, managed to snag a barrel out of that truck i was looking at earlier (the owner confirmed it had pump issues)

Threw it in, with a bit of tweaking it was running like a champ again! woohoo!

Then... after ripping around a bit (OMG is it ever nice to have 6 cylinders again!) and whatnot. It died shortly after starting it up...

Pulled that same barrel expecting to see some carnage, nothing, but the rack was stuck...

Ended up being the #1 plunger sticking now... Fak sakes...

Dont see any carnage in there, but its definitely tight and once its out the rack moves freely. Guess their could have maybe been some junk floating around in there that it didnt appreciate...

Back