005-1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 004-2.jpg
    004-2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 003-2.jpg
    003-2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 65
ok guys i just finished my track bars and fixin to start on my hitch. just have a few questions. is 7/8" plate thick enough to cut a ring out of? iam guna have to build mine with a little adjustment in it due to me haven a lifted truck

Here is mine..just got it built and put on the other day. Can't wait to put it to good use. 1" plate and 3.75" hole..:rockwoot:

nedafs.jpg

nevq8m.jpg

heres mine tourched to 3.75"

Has anybody seen this style of hitch hold up with the torched out center? I'm not knocking Destination's work, I'm just curious. It seems like you are removing a lot of material from the inside of the ring. I'm wondering if after a couple of pulls it will look more like an oval instead of a circle.

Has anybody seen this style of hitch hold up with the torched out center? I'm not knocking Destination's work, I'm just curious. It seems like you are removing a lot of material from the inside of the ring. I'm wondering if after a couple of pulls it will look more like an oval instead of a circle.

I have seen quite a few of those rings break without being torched out to a bigger hole, so I would say that it would probably be weaker than stock. I don't think that those rings are rated for that much weight.

Here is a receiver that I built the other day for an '05 Dodge. He shouldn't have a problem with bending the receiver anymore.

Attachments

• Dodge1.jpg
    Dodge1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 144
ok guys i just finished my track bars and fixin to start on my hitch. just have a few questions. is 7/8" plate thick enough to cut a ring out of? iam guna have to build mine with a little adjustment in it due to me haven a lifted truck

If it's horizontal or parallel to the ground, and made out of mild steel, I would not be comfortable using 7/8" plate.

If it's horizontal or parallel to the ground, and made out of mild steel, I would not be comfortable using 7/8" plate.

iam talking about useing the 7/8" to cut my ring out of thats horizontal to the ground. ive got some laying around and just thinking about building me a hitch. any more ideas are appreciated

Here is mine..just got it built and put on the other day. Can't wait to put it to good use. 1" plate and 3.75" hole..:rockwoot:

nedafs.jpg

nevq8m.jpg

That looks alot like mine from last year:D
Can't find a good finished pic though...???
DSCF2458.jpg

DSCF2452.jpg

DSCF2456.jpg

DSCF2484.jpg

I'd love to see some more pics of this hitch. Nice job!

I will get some more pics of it up tonight when I get home. Don't have really great pictures. This was built to be up high behind a roll pan so that the hitch will come out through the license plate hole.

I will get some more pics of it up tonight when I get home. Don't have really great pictures. This was built to be up high behind a roll pan so that the hitch will come out through the license plate hole.

I'd appreciate any pics you can get for me. I'll be building one in the next 10 days. It looks like the angle iron wraps over the top of the frame?

How are you using the hole on top of the angle iron brackets?

Thanks a bunch,

-jp

I'd appreciate any pics you can get for me. I'll be building one in the next 10 days. It looks like the angle iron wraps over the top of the frame?

How are you using the hole on top of the angle iron brackets?

Thanks a bunch,

-jp

Actually messed up putting the sticker on. The angle goes on the bottom side of the frame. Noticed I had it upside down when I took the pictures. I don't have any pictures of it installed since I didn't have the truck that it was going on close to me. Good luck building yours.

Actually messed up putting the sticker on. The angle goes on the bottom side of the frame. Noticed I had it upside down when I took the pictures. I don't have any pictures of it installed since I didn't have the truck that it was going on close to me. Good luck building yours.

ok- got it.

That really threw me off for a minute.

I can't see the backside of the cross member on the hitch. Is it angle or tube? What size/thickness did you use?

ok- got it.

That really threw me off for a minute.

I can't see the backside of the cross member on the hitch. Is it angle or tube? What size/thickness did you use?

The cross tube is a 4" tube, with the receiver tube welded into both sides of the cross tube.

i hope this is strong enough

Attachments

• hitch1.jpg
    hitch1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 89
  • hitch2.jpg
    hitch2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 59
  • hitch3.jpg
    hitch3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 77
  • hitch4.jpg