Lets talk tranys!

PATC sells most of the same stuff that Goerend and DTT use. I don't think they're the supplier, but the components are the same.

brnadon.

joefarmer said:
PATC sells most of the same stuff that Goerend and DTT use. I don't think they're the supplier, but the components are the same.

brnadon.

Are you 100 % sure about DTT? :poke:

Billy, the Allison has some very nice shafts available for it now...;)

Interesting stuff. So who other than Gabe is doing an Allison conversion?

Manual VBs... would not you need to have the line pressure cranked so high that they would rattle your teeth when shifting? My be great for a track only truck but on the street that would be hard on things and get old in a hurry.

I've been talking to several people about doing the manual -> swap and what I've concluded is most people will tell you not to attempt it. Then again those are the people who have never done it either. I love this little sport of ours but you're not going to find many people who will be of any help going down the road of conversions.

AsTroSS said:
Are you 100 % sure about DTT? :poke:
Yes, 100%. I've taken both brands apart, saw the bands, counted the clutches in each pack and, most importantly, have been sworn not to tell what's inside. I watched my first DTT being built from the case up.

The some of the components sold by PATC are also used in DTT and Goerend trannys. Most are common components that every Dodge transmission builder should use. Some I've only seen in a DTT.

brandon.

..... and also Suncoast use the same parts. :stab:

Can somebody infrom us,what internal parts are different in different brand trannys (ATS,DTT, Suncoast,HTS,G-bros).

If base components are same,what makes one tranny to least longer?

Is it tuning or work quality or something else?

Last edited:
You would really need to have a "full" version of each tranny, with parts Itemized as well as machine work, to get an Idea of what's in each one. There are several good builders out now......but only a handful that can consistently put it to the ground. ;)

You can also ask each transmission builder what makes their brand unique. Each has different philosophies on line pressure, seal material, clutch material, VB & governor springs, TV assemblies, shaft ratings, lockup area, apply ratio, planetary gears, etc.

brandon.

Alot of the component in the trannys are coming from the same material or
manufacture such as shafts billet or stock. Clutches depending on the brand kolene, berg warner ect.

As for why on last longer it is the little things they do such as bands and servos and stuff that they do different that is where a guy that know the working of a tranny can change things to hold up different. Plus it allows them to put more power on the ground as well.

out of all places out there I have had buddies thats use a few of the other companies and rode in the truck to see how they fel,l and what they handle for how long, and that is why I have HTS dusty's tranny knowledge shows in how the tranny feels and the power on the ground, and what he can due to make it do what you want as in shift points and stuff. Finally sorry so long is all of his trannys that are out there aren't giving up the ghost to the abuse like some people has had happen to there's I have only seen a twisted billet input and the truck still drove like nothing was wrong and that truck drags alot in quick diesel DHRA. actually it finished third in pionts this year.:blahblah1:

What's this?

proloctorque.jpg
prolocrace.jpg

Sun Coast Loc-Up[SIZE=-2] [/SIZE]Controller
1994-06 Part No. PL-TCC-TOW

Part No. PL-TCC-RACE

Race version has an extra 4th gear control.

Any vehicle using an exhaust brake with automatic transmission will benefit from the installation of a Sun Coast Loc-Up Torque Controller.
The Sun Coast Loc-Up Controller gives you the option of programming Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) engagement and release speeds, or allowing factory computer strategy control.
Most factory computers release the TCC on lift throttle. With or without an exhaust brake this strategy reduces the effectiveness of engine compression braking. When the TCC is in the release mode it no longer has a mechanical connection to engine rotation. When in the disconnect mode the torque converter produces an enormous amount of heat with little or no engine braking.
Many factory strategies do not allow TCC engagement until very high road speeds. Many times this higher setting inhibits vehicle performance and fuel economy.
The Sun Coast Loc-Up Controller allows the operator to choose when the TCC engages or releases. This results in:
Reduction of transmission and torque converter operating temperatures.
Reduce wear and overheating of brakes.
Improved acceleration and fuel economy.
Program any speed you wish to lock. Program any speed you wish to unlock.

joefarmer said:

brnadon.

I have scene several changes / mods happen in the Dodge auto in the last five years. If someone has a superior product rest assured others will try to copy it. Lots of money in selling/installing stuff when it can be said it is the same as brand X. Billet shafts mentioned above are a great example. Contrary to people’s belief, they are NOT all made of the same material. It is super simple to tell the difference between some of the different manufacturers parts by the color of the steel alone. IMO The torq rating of the part is much more important than material used. What really matters to me is what application it fits, how strong it is, how much it costs, the rest of the it’s description is usually just verbal diarrhea, provided that it doesn’t degrade a transmission’s harmony elsewhere.

Opie said:
I have scene several changes / mods happen in the Dodge auto in the last five years. If someone has a superior product rest assured others will try to copy it. Lots of money in selling/installing stuff when it can be said it is the same as brand X. Billet shafts mentioned above are a great example. Contrary to people’s belief, they are NOT all made of the same material. It is super simple to tell the difference between some of the different manufacturers parts by the color of the steel alone. IMO The torq rating of the part is much more important than material used. What really matters to me is what application it fits, how strong it is, how much it costs, the rest of the it’s description is usually just verbal diarrhea, provided that it doesn’t degrade a transmission’s harmony elsewhere.

Having said that... did mine ship on the 7th? :bigsmile: :poke:

bnraond.

I love my HTS tranny... I told Dusty what I wanted and I got it. I've had zero issues with mine unlike my good buddy with his DTT.:bang

Hammer Down said:
DTT is where it is at.

That's funny as hell. Where is that exactly, between the a and the t? LOL

How about....DTT is are where de'm tranies be hopp'n cause d'ey be hold'n.

Several good builders out there....... I like SunCoast.

Back