Lets talk tranys!

Helluva 2nd post there. Welcome to a tranny thread.

You need to go htstransmissions.com There is no way you will be disatified with Dusty Hawks work plus he is the easiest guy to talk to about what you want and he will be honest about if you need a certain component or not.

dakota said:
man you guys bi**h like women!
:stab:
Tranny threads seem to bring that out. I guess it has something to do with how much money was spent on the upgrade and the need to point out that one feels they made the best choice.
As for rating a trans... I always liked the idea of running the quarter after a dyno event. It is always interesting when you see two similar trucks, and the one with less hp and the same weight, gears ect... continuously runs a quicker time.

I will be converting a Dodge to an Allison pretty soon. Just don't know where I'm going to find hardened shafts for it. :lolly:

Mike L. said:
I will be converting a Dodge to an Allison pretty soon. Just don't know where I'm going to find hardened shafts for it. :lolly:

:evil I have this feeling a few of them will probably find you by the end of the week.:ylsuper: I hope the owner of the conversion you are doing is a member of this site. :fish:

Are you interested my friend? Worked pretty good on the Suncoast truck.

Not so much for myself but several others with Cummins seem pretty interested.
Some of my Phord freinds are believers in the rumor that the new 6.4 is going to come with an Allison. As the rumor goes Allison can't confirm it for legal reasons right now. If that where to pan out in reality and the intrest in doing conversions... I will be buying some stock in Allison.:Cheer:

Not that it matters but you can put a 47RE overdrive assembly with the billet shaft on a 47RH tranny if you have to. The biggest issue with that is the RE is shorter so your driveshafts have to be lengthened and shortened accordingly. The other problem is you lose the Gov out of the trans so you have to go manual valve body or lock the pressures and deal with the fixed shifts. The good news is the RH shaft is stronger stock so maybe you dont need the billet :)

KTA-Cummins said:
Not that it matters but you can put a 47RE overdrive assembly with the billet shaft on a 47RH tranny if you have to. The biggest issue with that is the RE is shorter so your driveshafts have to be lengthened and shortened accordingly. The other problem is you lose the Gov out of the trans so you have to go manual valve body or lock the pressures and deal with the fixed shifts. The good news is the RH shaft is stronger stock so maybe you dont need the billet :)

While the RH shaft is a little stronger people are still breaking them too. If one goes this route and launches hard enough to break one there are no billet RH shafts. Seems it would be better to bite the bullet up front and get the billet shaft.

KTA-Cummins said:

got any 618s or RHs laying around ??

KingS said:
You need to go htstransmissions.com There is no way you will be disatified with Dusty Hawks work plus he is the easiest guy to talk to about what you want and he will be honest about if you need a certain component or not.

thats right HTS rules 809hp and it never missea a beat.

to bad the 3 suncoast before it weren't that good i would be 8000 bucks richer today.

KTA-Cummins said:
How is possible to convert 47RH to 47 RE (2WD)?

Can I just change overdrive assembly to 47RE and 47RE valvebody or is more changes needed?

Ultimate Diesel said:
How about G-Bros??
I really like the Goerends tranny in our truck, has held up really good so far. And when it does break Dave is always super about customer service.

Back