Lock Up Switch Installation on a CR

The Dodge

Pro
Could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to hook up a lock up switch on a 2006 2500 CR....Thanks

Pm Big Swole, he will give you plenty of info on a lock up switch.

I'm not too sure what you're reffering to Chris????

79a735bd.jpg

LOL

First part of installing a lockup switch:
1. Go to the bathroom, and flush a $100 bill down the toilet. If you're okay with that, proceed with said lockup switch install.

Well, you could have a switch for lock up, just don't be power sliding at 50mph with 900hp.
Just messing Swole.. BTW, you may need to fab up a new shelf before too long, poor thing might not even make to Christmas at this rate. :Cheer:

Could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to hook up a lock up switch on a 2006 2500 CR....Thanks

I guess I'll help you out....

1. T-tap pin #7 on the main transmission plug at transmission. Round plug on drivers side above pan.

2. Run wire from a 2-pole single throw switch to tap.

3. Run wire with a 33-ohm resistor inline from the other pole on the switch to a good ground.

Idea behind is that when you throw the switch it grounds the circuit and moves the solenoid in the vb and applies the lock up clutch in the converter.

BTW....I've had a switch for 4 years. No issues...but I use mine accordingly.

~Les

Well, you could have a switch for lock up, just don't be power sliding at 50mph with 900hp.
Just messing Swole.. BTW, you may need to fab up a new shelf before too long, poor thing might not even make to Christmas at this rate. :Cheer:

:lolly:

It just feels so GOOD!! But it's come at a cost...

I hope I'm done adding to the shelf....Next build might not have enough power to break anything..lol

~Les

Ouch!!

I guess I had that coming....lol

Wasn't to be taken as a negative.

Just showing that it can be done without damage.
You are one extreme side of the scale.
~Les

Wasn't to be taken as a negative.

Just showing that it can be done without damage.
You are one extreme side of the scale.
~Les

Oh my bad! I didn't mean that to sound like I took it negative...lol

I was trying at humor...

It's all good man..I'm totally used to it.. Hell, I make fun of myself about it all the time..

All Good man!!:Cheer:

Last edited:

What do you mean it might not make it to Christmas? When he puts that block on it, the shelf is DONE!!! And the way the truck looked when I saw it last Friday, the Interceptor could be sitting until Christmas! The destruction in person is really fascinating, in a real depressing kinda way.

Hope you get it back together soon, Dave!

Well let's not crash his thread with more of David's carnage. He has his own thread for that..

The Dodge, let us know when you get that switch installed and how you like it.. I myself have been needing to do the same on my 05. Even though my shift kit allows 2nd lock up it's not until late in the RPM.

I guess I'll help you out....

1. T-tap pin #7 on the main transmission plug at transmission. Round plug on drivers side above pan.

2. Run wire from a 2-pole single throw switch to tap.

3. Run wire with a 33-ohm resistor inline from the other pole on the switch to a good ground.

Idea behind is that when you throw the switch it grounds the circuit and moves the solenoid in the vb and applies the lock up clutch in the converter.

~Les

I run the same thing plus a small led light that is in the pillar to let me know when the converter is locked.

A lock up switch will take at least a half of a second off in a 1/4mi.

First part of installing a lockup switch:
1. Go to the bathroom, and flush a $100 bill down the toilet. If you're okay with that, proceed with said lockup switch install.

Huh? I had all of about 5 dollars in mine.

Back