Lone Star Diesel Shootout Dyno Challenge

HT3500

IDK ANYTHING
Hamilton Diesel is hosting a all diesel dyno day @ART in Buda texas. This is not just any dyno day. Only 40 trucks are allowed, and you have to qualify to be on the rollers. 800hp proven by dyno sheet is required to be considered. Ok now for the incentive, a $5,000 purse goes to the big dog of the day, and the sponsors will be kicking in thousands of dollars in prizes also. We know for sure there will be one magazine for sure and workin on another one. the date is set for Nov.17,18. some of the rules are street legal,insured,and roadworthy. competors will drive(convoy) their trucks 60 miles round trip to prove roadworty, also we believe this levels the playing field. To sigh up E-mail your truck specs to www.lonestardieselshootout@yahoo.com also no limit on power adders.
Ever wonder who had the most power, well this is it guys let's make it the baddest dyno day ever...

800 hp and drive it 60 miles......give am a challange! I've driven from OKC to Dallas and laid down 800+ several times.

Game on........time for changes to happen!

Thanks for the Months heads up Bro!

So your saying I can spend some money and actually have a chance to...maybe...win some back!

Jim

I'd like to see this......... maybe I need a road trip to the Austin area..........

sounds like fun....i definately want to spectate!!!!

not trying to jack the thread but when is the central texas diesel dyno day this year?

UNBROKEN said:
This is right up your alley Joe.
Sounds like the new motors going in sooner than I thought.
I just really want to go for the 60 mile drive to shut up the ones that say Pro Street trucks aren't street trucks.

The reason we are doing this is to find out who is the highest horsepower truck in the country and give them bragging rights as well as a little money. There will be media on hand to document the event, so plenty of exposure will go to the winner. I think the winner will probably be a Dodge Cummins but, I would love to be surprised by a Duramax or a Powerstroke! Since there is no limit on power adders I expect there will be plenty of carnage in the way of blown headgaskets and thrashed turbos. Lonestar Diesel shootout will be an annual event so as the number of sponsors and competitors grow so will the prize money. There are plenty of hotels in the area and Austin has a lot of entertainment So come early and enjoy 6th street, and some diesel smoke. And If you are on the cover of diesel power or diesel world saying you have a 1000hp then no dyno sheets are needed, Jim I think you are covered as well. For information or to apply email me at lonestardieselshootout@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Zach Hamilton
Hamilton Diesel

Last edited:
So far its
1) Brian from Dominator Diesel Performance
2)Buck from HT Offroad

and in other news Geoff Bardal From Colt Cams donated a custom ground cam to the pot. A set of HD 24v springs has been added as well. Look for more prizes and contestants to come!

The way I see if you don't have a grand then your not going to be competitive, but it may very well be a less hp truck that wins if it is the only one that stays together.

I say this because I am not a grand! The drive is a good idea and like Joe we need to show people that it can be done.

If the entry fee stays a little lower then maybe more trucks will show up, some like me are not rich.

Jim

Zach & Buck - is the 60 mile Bombvoy before or after the dyno run?

If you get on the rollers after the drive, kinda defeats the purpose... need to win in the quarter, then go for groceries! $.02

The plan is saturday is sign up and prove you got it day, Sunday we drive to breakfast 30 mi away and drive back, then the show begins if ya make it back. Should be a cool convoy picture...

Ok as it stands now
1) Brian Jolly- Dominator Diesel
2)Buck - HT Offroad
3)Nick Almaguer - Dominator Diesel

Looks like we might be getting a few more really nice prizes added...so stay tuned.
This Year the entry fee will be $200, Most of the money is going to secure the facility and the crew to operate the two day dyno. My goal for next year as we pick up sponsors, is to have no entry fee. Most of the money this year will be coming out of my pocket just to get the ball rolling. And if you dont have quite a thousand horsepower don't be scared of competing, as Jim said you have to stay together to win. I know there are a lot of 800+ HP street trucks out there that would put on quite a show, and stay together. As for the money $5000 is nice but the bragging rights are much more important. So lets see what you got!

CC12V said:
Sounds like the new motors going in sooner than I thought.
I just really want to go for the 60 mile drive to shut up the ones that say Pro Street trucks aren't street trucks.
Looked streetable to me just missing an AC pump.

texashighways said:
So come early and enjoy 6th street

6th street =
rageaustintrip045.jpg

and other fun pictures that are not CompD approved........ maybe Kate can come with me if I go.

Here is the latest

1)Brian Jolly- Dominator Diesel
2)Buck HT-Offroad
3)Nick Almaguer- Dominator Diesel
4)RC Cox- Relentless

The latest
1)Brian Jolly- Dominator Diesel
2)Buck HT- offroad (gray)
3)Nick Almaguer - Dominator
4) RC Cox- Relentless
5) Buck HT-offroad (Red) thats right 2 of 'em

Back