Look how smooth the front launches with front-end limiters

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Look at how smooth the front of my truck launches at the track with the front end limiters:

YouTube - Danny Elmore in Gulfport

Yeah, now you know why I've been asking about suspension and traction bars and stuff. It's not even Spring yet but it's doing the best Easter Bunny impression it can. :hehe:

That was partly my fault though. I was experimenting a little and wanted to see how it'd launch with full tire pressure at all 4 corners. Not a good idea with those skinny little tires. :doh: :D

It's not that bad when I launch at about 25psi in the rears, but I definately still need some help.

What really surprised me though was after all that hopping it still cut a 1.91, 60 foot. :eek:

But I'm certainly open to any suggestions to fixing this. :poke:

Thanx to Jeret (theSLEPPER) for the vid by the way.

Last edited:
reminds me of dillegay when he had is pants down and he was trying to sit on that ball.... :hehe:

Wow...this is why I like my 4" lift and rear air bags. I lauch at 2000rpm and have 30 pounds in the bags. 1.8 60' with 35's.

anyone have a little fluffy tail we can stick on the tailgate??

How far are you from Ft. Worth? I think the chassis class that will be going on in a month would be great for you! Things like this are going to start coming up a lot more with diesel drag racing starting to get bigger and bigger. Be one of the first and become a mentor! You would be surprised what most people think they know about suspension until they talk to someone that knows suspensions.

We used to hop bad at some tracks. Now if the track is bad, we spin the tires instead.

Pat reduced the spring rate in the rear by pulling leafs, put on traction bars, and got softer tires. Now the truck will spin all four tires or it will launch hard or sometimes both.

How far are you from Ft. Worth? I think the chassis class that will be going on in a month would be great for you! Things like this are going to start coming up a lot more with diesel drag racing starting to get bigger and bigger. Be one of the first and become a mentor! You would be surprised what most people think they know about suspension until they talk to someone that knows suspensions.

Already posted in that thread. ;) :D

We used to hop bad at some tracks. Now if the track is bad, we spin the tires instead.

Pat reduced the spring rate in the rear by pulling leafs, put on traction bars, and got softer tires. Now the truck will spin all four tires or it will launch hard or sometimes both.

I still use it to tow sometimes so I can't really pull any leafs, but definately doing traction bars and eventually better tires.

What about shocks? Would there be any benefit to switching to some type of shock other than stock?

I still use it to tow sometimes so I can't really pull any leafs, but definately doing traction bars and eventually better tires.

What about shocks? Would there be any benefit to switching to some type of shock other than stock?

I would think that a shock that you could stiffen the compression would help you a bunch. I don't know how much work you want to do between driving and racing but a good set of double adjustible shocks would make worlds of difference on that truck. But I don't know how well a set of race oriented shocks would hold up to towing.

I would think that a shock that you could stiffen the compression would help you a bunch. I don't know how much work you want to do between driving and racing but a good set of double adjustible shocks would make worlds of difference on that truck. But I don't know how well a set of race oriented shocks would hold up to towing.

Yeah, that's what I have to be careful of, because it's still a daily driver and I'd also like to do a little bit of sled pulling on occassion.

Dang Danny that sucker was hoppin. Are you gonna make bars for it or buy them? And when was that vid? I've been out of town for a bit so I havent been out to the track.

Back