Look how smooth the front launches with front-end limiters

Dang Danny that sucker was hoppin. Are you gonna make bars for it or buy them? And when was that vid? I've been out of town for a bit so I havent been out to the track.

That was this past wednesday. I just made that one pass and called it a night.

why would you run limiters on a drag application? you want the weight to transfer

So the front can't lift and everything goes to the back. I believe that's how it works anyway. I know on my orange truck they helped my 60' by about a tenth or two.

That was this past wednesday. I just made that one pass and called it a night.

So the front can't lift and everything goes to the back. I believe that's how it works anyway. I know on my orange truck they helped my 60' by about a tenth or two.

interesting

I still use it to tow sometimes so I can't really pull any leafs, but definately doing traction bars and eventually better tires.

What about shocks? Would there be any benefit to switching to some type of shock other than stock?

If it where me .

Pull some leafs. Add air bags for towing and Cal trac bars.

A good set of adjustable shocks would be nice to.

did you say that the run on video, was a 1.9 60ft.cause it looked like a 2.5 to me.

In a drag application you run limiters to slow down the weight transfer. If you have all the weight imediately you can run into a couple of issues. First is dead hook. This is when the tire bites so hard it really doesn't get the race car moving it just sets the tire. When this happens you can run into it setting the tire and then unloading the tire all with in 10 Ft. of the starting line. Another reason for limiting the front end (which doesn't apply to this situation) is to control wheelstands. You want wheel speed at the launch. Dead hooking you have no wheel speed. You actually want a minor amount of spin when the car/truck launches. You don't want the car/truck to make its first and only move to be up. This kills et. You want it to move out and up at the same rate at launch or issues like the wheel hop you see in the video. The rear shocks and the spring combo you use can also cause this issue. If the shock doesn't have enough stiffness on the compression you can allow the rear end to get thrown up into the wheel wells which from the looks of it is what is going on here. The spring is what holds the vehicle up and the shock is what regulates how fast the rear end closes on the vehicle or seperates. If you are too "loose" on the rear shocks you can have the rear end hoping. I think I explained it a little where you can understand it. You actually want to see seperation of the axle to the body.

Back