Lookie here.... Diesels getting some mainstream gasser exposure

like he needed anymore smoke blown up his ass..... HP makes them accelerate, damnit I knew I was doing something wrong!

:shake:

They didn't even spell his name right. Yeah, thats an article that has a lot of merit. :umno:

I was interviewed for this and they said my portion wasn't relevent, I found that interesting since they asked the questions, lol. I suspect Greg had something to do with that.

EMcBride said:
I was interviewed for this and they said my portion wasn't relevent, I found that interesting since they asked the questions, lol. I suspect Greg had something to do with that.

I did have something to do with referring him to David Dunbar and Bill Fletcher. And implied far more courtesy towards your company then has been afforded me.

COMP461 said:
I did have something to do with referring him to David Dunbar and Bill Fletcher. And implied far more courtesy towards your company then has been afforded me.

Really Greg? Cause as I saw it at SEMA the only press at the debut of your new ride was the ones that his "company" brought along.

lpreston said:
Really Greg? Cause as I saw it at SEMA the only press at the debut of your new ride was the ones that his "company" brought along.

:pop:

That he did, there were other media events that week also. And you point, is.

The actions towards GBE are quite different, wonder why. And maybe he is making a effort now

I am speaking of the treatment I have received in the past. But I am a professional and do the right thing for the sport when necessary, freely giving both Names and numbers where both DHRA and NHRDA could be contacted. I did encourage him to make this contact also. The article was in a mainstream trade publication where the point was to show new avenues of business for machine shops and businesses.

Since you jumped in here and impugn me for not doing the right thing for the sport, I unselfishly held back for running but a few tenths faster all year, a action that my buddy Charlie is not able to do. I was mindfully of the sport and fellow competitor and that the match race would not draw as much of a following and crowds to a DHRA event if I hung it out the back door. You should know now that I can not in my present situation do any thing but maximum performance. Be advised Charlie Stewart is not capable of ever letting up, that truck is capable of easily a high 7 second pass.
I could have run a solid 8.30 something in Atlanta, but held back. A fact that most knew when they saw the time slip and the 1.38 60’ compared to the normal 1.18 60’. This action was caused by a low CO2 bottle and the trains brake.

And one other thing this about number two diesel only is a line crap, you not running on number two only , what do you call that big round thing hanging off your first turbo , maybe a second turbo

I have never had any thing but great respect for Keating he is out there doing it, and his conversations with me have been congeal , if you going to be a cheerleader for him , take a little advice and act more like the Pro he is

Last edited:
COMP461 said:

The actions towards GBE are quite different, wonder why. And maybe he is making a effort now

I am speaking of the treatment I have received in the past. But I am a professional and do the right thing for the sport when necessary, freely giving both Names and numbers where both DHRA and NHRDA could be contacted. I did encourage him to make this contact also. The article was in a mainstream trade publication where the point was to show new avenues of business for machine shops and businesses.

Since you jumped in here and impugn me for not doing the right thing for the sport, I unselfishly held back for running but a few tenths faster all year, a action that my buddy Charlie is not able to do. I was mindfully of the sport and fellow competitor and that the match race would not draw as much of a following and crowds to a DHRA event if I hung it out the back door. You should know now that I can not in my present situation do any thing but maximum performance. The Charlie is capable of, and will soon run a 7 second pass, could have run a solid 8.30 something in Atlanta , but held back .

COMP461 said:

Your constant public bashing of Eric and DHRA. It becomes tiring. The only people with a camera and access to a printing press were the ones Eric & DHRA brought. Guess the other press invites got lost in the mail.

It was always there that I saw. You are paranoid.

I am speaking of the treatment I have received in the past. But I am a professional and do the right thing for the sport when necessary, freely giving both Names and numbers where both DHRA and NHRDA could be contacted.

Professional, like this:

NON PDRA member

Thats professional. So is saying this:

...gasoline engine builders are in a great position to build diesel drag racing engines…perhaps even easier than their diesel-expert brethren.

Nothing like slamming the diesel guys. That will get you tons of respect.

I did encourage him to make this contact also. The article was in a mainstream trade publication where the point was to show new avenues of business for machine shops and businesses.

That was nice of you.

Since you jumped in here and impugn me for not doing the right thing for the sport, I unselfishly held back for running but a few tenths faster all year, a action that my buddy Charlie is not able to do. I was mindfully of the sport and fellow competitor and that the match race would not draw as much of a following and crowds to a DHRA event if I hung it out the back door. You should know now that I can not in my present situation do any thing but maximum performance. Be advised Charlie Stewart is not capable of ever letting up, that truck is capable of easily a high 7 second pass.
I could have run a solid 8.30 something in Atlanta, but held back. A fact that most knew when they saw the time slip and the 1.38 60’ compared to the normal 1.18 60’. This action was caused by a low CO2 bottle and the trains brake.

:umno: Just like you told someone else that you did not want Keating to be discouraged by beating him twice. BS. As my Grandfather would say, "Hor$ecrap". Your old motor was torn apart and put together with tightened bolts and block plugs not beat in with flat bladed screwdrivers (which caused the oil leak at Atlanta). You were doing all you could do. You would look bad losing to an unsponsored, rag-tag group with an un-aerodynamic truck thats 900 pounds heavier than your old ride.

And one other thing this about number two diesel only is a line crap, you not running on number two only , what do you call that big round thing hanging off your first turbo , maybe a second turbo

Up until ULSD was the only thing at Pilot, it was always #2 pump. We have never said otherwise. That second turbo, it's a power adder. Just like *nx*

*bdh*

I have never had any thing but great respect for Keating he is out there doing it, and his conversations with me have been congeal , if you going to be a cheerleader for him , take a little advice and act more like the Pro he is

A cheerleader? My fat butt is there at every event I can make. I'm fairly certain I spent more time at drag strips than you last year.

The first thing you need to do is upgrade to premium engine studs, rather than head bolts.

I'll be sure to tell Keating. :eek:wned:

Last edited:
lpreston said:
Just like you told someone else that you did not want Keating to be discouraged by beating him twice. BS. As my Grandfather would say, "Hor$ecrap". Your old motor was torn apart and put together with tightened bolts and block plugs not beat in with flat bladed screwdrivers (which caused the oil leak at Atlanta). You were doing all you could do. You would look bad losing to an unsponsored, rag-tag group with an un-aerodynamic truck thats 900 pounds heavier than your old ride.
The oil leak was caused by some one adding to much oil to the dry sump with out checking with me on how much oil it should have, the motor in that truck was the same as its been,all year. you listen to too many people that want to discredit what I acomplished with that truck.

there was nothing changed on that truck in Houstion but a burned up waste gate , it really ran the same there , but that is still off what it can run. and as for unsponsered, that truck was a low buck aproach also , the amount of money spent on that truck was probably less then your group spent . and if it wasen't for Brady at indrustrial injection giving me a turbo , pump, and injectors , and Mike Wood it would have never got to the track.
all in all at the end of the day , the truck I built was faster.

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

is that cuz noone in the pdra likes him? why would he put that in his sig? must have something against it. :pop:

seems like he's not making too many friends nowadays.

COMP461 said:
you listen to too many people that want to discredit what I acomplished with that truck.

That info is from more than one source and has way more creditability than you.

the amount of money spent on that truck was probably less then your group spent . and if it wasen't for Brady at indrustrial injection giving me a turbo , pump, and injectors , and Mike Wood it would have never got to the track.

Considering it wasn't your truck, probably true.

Now you would not be telling folks to buy studs since you sell them, would you?

http://www.motorsportssupply.com/

The site needs work.

COMP461 said:
all in all at the end of the day , the truck I built was faster.

Not in Atlanta. At the end of the day, Keating had the win light. And according to you, thats all that matters.
:thankyou2:

Last edited:
This one time at band camp...

Who cares who likes who? Who wants to sing Koom bai ah when they can take it to the track and hammer it out with some big $$$ grudge matches?

Maybe you guys could get on Pinks lol?

Back