Lookie here.... Diesels getting some mainstream gasser exposure

COMP461 said:
Since you jumped in here and impugn me for not doing the right thing for the sport, I unselfishly held back for running but a few tenths faster all year, a action that my buddy Charlie is not able to do. I was mindfully of the sport and fellow competitor and that the match race would not draw as much of a following and crowds to a DHRA event if I hung it out the back door. You should know now that I can not in my present situation do any thing but maximum performance. Be advised Charlie Stewart is not capable of ever letting up, that truck is capable of easily a high 7 second pass.
I could have run a solid 8.30 something in Atlanta, but held back. A fact that most knew when they saw the time slip and the 1.38 60’ compared to the normal 1.18 60’. This action was caused by a low CO2 bottle and the trains brake.

You know Greg, the more I read this, I can't get over what a load of crap you are spewing. Professional? A TRUE professional would NEVER take a fall. No matter the circumstances. Does Gale know you "threw" a race? Like you said, shoulda, woulda, coulda.

And Keating be disappointed? Ha! We drove 4 hours, spent the night in Cinci, only to do a burnout the next day and snap driveline parts. Go home, fix it, and then the next time out drive 3 hours again and had a repeat. Keating never said a word. Keep digging your hole..... :what:

Last edited:
lpreston said:
You know Greg, the more I read this, I can't get over what a load of crap you are spewing. Professional? A TRUE professional would NEVER take a fall. No matter the circumstances. Like you said, shoulda, woulda, coulda.

And Keating be disappointed? Ha! We drove 4 hours, spent the night in Cinci, only to do a burnout the next day and snap driveline parts. Go home, fix it, and then the next time out drive 3 hours again and had a repeat. Keating never said a word. Keep digging your hole..... :what:
:pop: anyone have a Dr.Pepper?:pop:

RacinDuallie said:
:pop: anyone have a Dr.Pepper?:pop:

Ask and ye shall receive:

Dr%20Pepper%20Model.jpg

Im puttin more corn in the monkey wave now..:pop: :pop:
Coals are gettin hot on the fire.. Keep :poke:

lpreston said:
You know Greg, the more I read this, I can't get over what a load of crap you are spewing. Professional? A TRUE professional would NEVER take a fall. No matter the circumstances. Does Gale know you "threw" a race? Like you said, shoulda, woulda, coulda.

You never heard anything about throwing a race! I was there to win , and my inference was not to imply that I was not going to race , but to not show overwhelming performance greater then it took to reach the finish line first, and keep the record just out of reach.

Running out the back door and lowering the record to the point of impossibility would have discouraged the other half of the mach race. In addition, it would have risk hurting parts that were not replaceable in the amount of time available. You have to show up to race and leaning on it meant going in to uncharted territories and the possibility of damage

The truck had a high .30 or a low .40 in it on the 8. 62 pass if the transbrake had of held. We lost over 2 tenths in the first 60’ when the truck rolled the tree and starting the timers before launch. The performance was there and has been there since the week before Bowling Green when we were testing.

For Years Charlie and his brother Tony always has pulled a rabbit out of the hat when we have race, fixing seemingly unfixable untimely breakages. On the 8.62 pass the CO2 was low causing the brake not to hold. The primary reason the CO2 was low was that day was too many cooks in the kitchen and to many parts on the truck reaching their expendable life at the same time , Charlie fixed all we could at the track, but the brake was toast without pulling it out, at his recommendation I attempted to foot brake the truck, it didn’t work. With out spare parts in your the trailer, you will always need what you don’t have a pair and a spare of.

Ahh and of traveling far to race , I drove all night in Project X Diesel 980 miles to Cordova Illinois’s the night before and flew back to Atlanta to race , and then flew back to Race in Hot Rods Drag Week that next evening with 2 hours of sleep in 3 days.

Now back on the article, I didn’t write it, solicited it, or try and influence the direction of it. I may have squabbles with Eric, but they don’t get to the outside world, you never win that way.

Ill leave you with just one more thought, a rising tide floats all boats. Strangely enough we are all somewhat in the same waters. Get out there and get your hot rods ready because this next season in Pro Mod Diesel is going to anti up in the 7’s and just drop from there:welcome:

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
You never heard anything about throwing a race! I was there to win , and my inference was not to imply that I was not going to race , but to not show overwhelming performance greater then it took to reach the finish line first, and keep the record just out of reach.

Running out the back door and lowering the record to the point of impossibility would have discouraged the other half of the mach race. In addition, it would have risk hurting parts that were not replaceable in the amount of time available. You have to show up to race and leaning on it meant going in to uncharted territories and the possibility of damage

The truck had a high .30 or a low .40 in it on the 8. 62 pass if the transbrake had of held. We lost over 2 tenths in the first 60’ when the truck rolled the tree and starting the timers before launch. The performance was there and has been there since the week before Bowling Green when we were testing.

For Years Charlie and his brother Tony always has pulled a rabbit out of the hat when we have race, fixing seemingly unfixable untimely breakages. On the 8.62 pass the CO2 was low causing the brake not to hold. The primary reason the CO2 was low was that day was too many cooks in the kitchen and to many parts on the truck reaching their expendable life at the same time , Charlie fixed all we could at the track, but the brake was toast without pulling it out, at his recommendation I attempted to foot brake the truck, it didn’t work. With out spare parts in your the trailer, you will always need what you don’t have a pair and a spare of.

Ahh and of traveling far to race , I drove all night in Project X Diesel 980 miles to Cordova Illinois’s the night before and flew back to Atlanta to race , and then flew back to Race in Hot Rods Drag Week that next evening with 2 hours of sleep in 3 days.

Now back on the article, I didn’t write it, solicited it, or try and influence the direction of it. I may have squabbles with Eric, but they don’t get to the outside world, you never win that way.

Ill leave you with just one more thought, a rising tide floats all boats. Strangely enough we are all somewhat in the same waters. Get out there and get your hot rods ready because this next season in Pro Mod Diesel is going to anti up in the 7’s and just drop from there:welcome:

:chug: ahhhhhh thanks Lewis......:pop:

COMP461 said:

:

in·fer·ence /ˈɪnfərəns, -frəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-fer-uhns, -fruhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the act or process of inferring.
2. something that is inferred: to make rash inferences.
3. Logic. a. the process of deriving the strict logical consequences of assumed premises.
b. the process of arriving at some conclusion that, though it is not logically derivable from the assumed premises, possesses some degree of probability relative to the premises.
c. a proposition reached by a process of inference.

I like 3b :pop:

weweld said:
:woohoo: I agree with David on this one :woohoo:

I don't know Gene...that TopDiesel character is a real work of art.....:hehe:

emrgnc said:
I don't know Gene...that TopDiesel character is a real work of art.....:hehe:

I guess we are lucky most art is only " A ONE OF A KIND" :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: I had heard the most hilarious phone message left on a fellow members cell phone, involving this project X,Y,Z truck, just this weekend....

Hey Greg, why would you insult someone with an offer to drive this truck up in Canada, when this racer HAS a street truck that would wipe up the track with Project X,Y,Z??? Oh and that is without the use of nitrous b.t.w.

For the record- I wouldn't have answered the phone either.....:eek:wned: :what:

:welcome:

FOR THE RECORD I was asked by Berry at NADP to bring the Project X Diesel which is a Diesel power Magazine Project to the Black out. I don’t have room in my schedule, but have means to send the truck. I called Bill Fletcher and left a message asking if he wanted to play with the truck up there. I guess this is more of the PDRA deal, funny part; the PDRA doesn’t have any of the three drivers that have make a sub 8 second pass in a diesel truck, just a thought. Since you seem to be the grand PooBAHA of this little group of people, none of which have made a pass down the track yet in a truck

You know that there is more to this then :blahblah1: :blahblah1: and showing pictures , and upholding the pillars of the brotherhood
*bdh* *bdh* *bdh*

I say this as I eye up my stack of timeslips from my duallie that was tuned from 16 secs down to a 12.9@105 , and a max wedge 64 Belvidere...... been down the track plenty enough mr.ego, We have winter/snow up here to contend with, I'll be licensing in an stroker motored 8sec alcohal max wedge race car, which by then soon afterwards I'll be testing -my own- race truck, that I spin -my own-wrenches on......in my own- shop.

The only :blahblah1: comes from - you......*bdh*

:poke: And you don't even OWN YOUR OWN DIESEL......:eek:wned: :eek:wned:

:hehe: :hehe:

:pop: man this is better than relality TV and Springer combined:pop:

Last edited:
All this arguing will be for nothing when I start spankin' everybody's a$$. You WILL fear the 'Yota, oh yes, you will!!!:evil *nx* :ft: :ft: ;)

imelmo said:
All this arguing will be for nothing when I start spankin' everybody's a$$. You WILL fear the 'Yota, oh yes, you will!!!:evil *nx* :ft: :ft: ;)
Will it have Banks stickers on it?:kick:

Back