Looking for 800 or so... Help me (long)

Been reading plenty. With every question I ask I research myself. Mostly to see if the responses I get match up with the conclusion I've come to on my own. And for the most part, they do. Thanks to threads like this on various forums. That's at least in part what this forum exists for anyways right, to learn.
Maybe the answers I get in this thread are exactly what someone in my shoes is looking for, saving them hours of reading.
A ton.000001 is more info than a ton every day. Sorry to beat the horse, but I know there are helpful people out there willing to contribute in an experience based manor.
Anyone care to contribute further?
I hope so, but if not thanks again to everyone that gave their input without condescension.

the thing with having to searching and read is you learn the reasons for using and matching things up so that they work well together . Not just dump a bunch of parts into the truck and it not work , witch a lot of people have done.

Perfect. That will more than entertain me for quite some time I'm sure.
Few more questions now....
SDX comps still have a lip correct? They're not full cuts??? They still have a lip, but it's not the full diameter
Where would one go about getting a retainer for the cam gear? Just about any diesel shop. Don't skip this! I did and got lucky, some don't.
Which s480? Any of them will make the power. You will need to decide on how you want it to spool and decide on the exhaust housing/wheel sizes.
Which pump would you recommend? I run a Raptor, then a second pump that kicks in when pressure drops, it works OK. But there's a lot of acceptable choices.
Keyed pump gear necessary? No, but the adjustable gear is nice to have.

Are you really sure you want 800hp? I crank mine up for racing, but usually dial it down for driving on the street. The power is nice, but it does suck when it starts fish tailing when I'm trying to merge on the highway @ 60mph.

Exactly what I was looking for.
That is a long enough list that I'll run out of funds before I can get it all.
I guess once I get the pump and fuel stuff done I'll be able to better determine when this 62 will light and decide on a primary from there.
I absolutely want to be in the 800 range. Most likely I'll do like you and dial it back when I'm driving any kind of distance. But then again it's not a dd any more.
Just curious, what are your normal driving egts around town, hwy cruising, etc?? Dialed down and ready to race if there's much difference.
And how's your mileage?
Thanks again.

Just curious, what are your normal driving egts around town, hwy cruising, etc?? Dialed down and ready to race if there's much difference.
And how's your mileage?
Thanks again.

Can't really say that I pay much attention to either. :doh:

Nothing has melted, so that egts are acceptable. And when it's hungry, I feed it.

Once you get above 700hp, your priorities change. Boost, fuel, and drive pressures are the gauges you watch. EGTs are what they are. Fuel, gasket sets, driveline parts and $1000 turbos, are consumables that you try not to think about the cost LOL

That sounds fine to me. I do fine trying not to think about my "consumables" as it is.
Does someone make a real drive pressure gauge yet? Last one I saw was a boost gauge with a coil of copper tubing before the nylon about 8 years ago.
Oh well, seems like sdx doesn't exist any more, any good ideas on where else to get comp dvs that aren't full cut? Maybe I'll pm smokem. Or just look through all the sponsors, bbd has something that looks similar but I've only made it through the b's so far.
Anyone else wanna make my wife mad with things I "need"?

Good call...PM Smokem. I couldn't be happier with his injectors and DV's.

No one can believe how smooth my 12v is at the current power level.

Back