looking for more power in workstock puller

hotsmoker350

hey guys, i finally saved some money and some is going towards the pulling truck haha. i was fairly competitive last summer pulling in the local workstock and street classes, even though it might not be considered workstock any more. im just looking for more power and am open to suggestions of any kind. id like to stay in workstock for upcoming season but moving to 2.6 is definently a possibility in the future.

current mods on my 1998 dodge 3500 24 valve cummins extended cab

port and polished head with stock intake manifold
high performance valve job
heavy valve springs
arp 650 head studs
monster fuel pump
stage 2 hurricane injectors
fass 150 lift pump
cheetah turbo from fleece
edge comp box
south bend 38/50 DD
heavy input shaft in nv4500 tranny
yukon spool in rear end
37 spline yukon rear axles

truck has never been on a dyno so im not sure of any current numbers, just looking for any type of upgrades or mods to make it a better puller. truck doesnt see any road at all but i would like to keep it in workstock...thanks alot guys for any suggestions or for just caring enough to read it haha

Welcome and if you post up the rules to the class we can be better at giving you some help.

Traction bars, suspension stops? You've got a good box it, but a FMS or redline sure would help I'd imagine.

according to rules, we are only allowed one box, chip, program etc...so id either have to hide one really well or is there a box that "does it all"?

You could always mill the intake plenum off and port the intake, then use something like a zz shelf intake. There is a lot to be gained by opening it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that was my first instinct, what about orings or fire rings, good investment or waste of money?

If you have the cash to do it while the head is off, go for it. It will save you money in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone winning any 2.6 classes or even doing well at all with a VP motor?

Chris (HIGH TECH RAM) used to run one and be fairly competitive in NE Ohio. Believe it had a bunch of top 5 finishes but had a hard time getting it all they way to the top.

If you can run a T4 3 piece and get a T4 turbo, based on your rules I would think about that.

Is anyone winning any 2.6 classes or even doing well at all with a VP motor?

there used to be a guy who ran the full pull circuit nothin but a VP truck. he used to do good, but he couldnt keep up with the changing times. that n he'd blow it up about once or twice a summer.

Back