Lopey Idle...

brockw08

12 too many valves...
So, what's it take to make a 2001 have a lope idle like a geeky 12V? Any videos or sound clips of any lopey diesels are much appreciated!

geeky 12v??? well get rid of that non fueling breakdown waiting to happen called a stock vp44 and switch it to a monster vp44 with some .093 injector lines and that will get the idle your lookin for.

To get a lopey idle have the crossover tubes drilled or EDM'd to .120". Mine are @ .093" but I'm running a p-pump, it did not have the lopey idle with a vp44 @.093" but it should @ .120" with vp44. A friend of mine is running .120's w/ 150hp injectors it lopes something crazy and it is still vp'd.

there is a vid on tdr of a black 24v with a modded vo and larger lines and the thing sounds mean but give me a p pump any day

or you could pinch a few of the inj lines about half shut. that should do it. .93 lines and x-over tubes it should lop pretty good.

yeah we put just the scheid HR VP44 with the fass on and it lopes a little with stock lines and stock injectors, stock tubes.

sorry to hi-jack but anybody drill out there own tubes?

we have drilled out some on our own trucks its kindof hard to do unless you ahve a drill bit long enough to go all the way through and be careful cuz its easy to break the bit off while drilling them out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsNmIDktlHw

use that link this is a vod of my buddys truck at indy when he got on the dyno with his truck
this is monster stage 2 one of the first versions of it out it has been refined a little more since this vid

would the bigger lines on a 12V lope like that? what other benefits do you get from bigger injector lines? any downfalls?

Take off a plug wire LOL

If it is an auto, I would advise against it, it will drive you nutz shaking at stop lights.

My old truck had some real nice lope too it with the .093 tubes and 200hp injectors...it would actually stall the truck if you blipped the throttle when in gear.

that truck did like 518hp

the bigger lines on a 12v retard your fuel timeing it actually hurts you to have .120 lines on a 12v unless your over like 700 cc of fuel

366cicummins has a stk vp 44 and we drilled his xtubes to 1\8 in which is roughly .120 tubes it idles like its stk lol all he wanted was it to lope

yeah auto's suck when they start lopeing especially when you have a trailer loaded and your trying to stop and its surging cuz its trying to lope really bad and about pushes you through the stop sign inless you put it in neutral everytime

bigger lines and tubes on a monster pump actually help tame it down a little

Back