Lopey Idle...

Some people are saying it will run, some saying it wont... What's the true answer? Anyone have PERSONAL experience with .120" tubes?

All I had to do to mine was install a set of crossover tubes with the inner part missing. I don't know what size or anything by they were missing the cross piece. With Jammer 4's it loped to the point where I didn't think it was going to recover sometimes. I axed them and put the stockers back in. I didn't like sitting at stop lights wondering if the sob was going to die and then not start again.

i didnt say .120 lines i said we drilled out the tubes to 1\8 in which is like .125 brads truck runs fine it still wont lope thats all he wanted because he had .93 lines and tubes and thought if he went more it would lope but it didnt

Personally I don't see how anybody can live with that lopey idle on a daily driver. That would drive me insane. It sounds cool but I could never live with it.

Trying to back a trailer full of steers in my lot with the lopey idle and this Con OFE clutch was enough for me. That's when I jerked the tubes and put the 2 wheel drive low solenoid on.

I got the .120 lines and mine doesnt even lope, maybe just a hair but I have no problems with them at all. But it might be the P-pump helping just a bit!

From what I understand, if you have larger crossovers and connecting tubes with .093" lines a standard vp or hrvp will not idle regularly. Sometimes it will sometimes it loses itself. You can forget about idling if you have an auto and have your foot on the brake with it in gear at a stop light. I tried to get .120" lines and haisley machine said forget about it. Also larger injector lines would retard the timing because it would drop fuel pressure in the lines and the injectors would pop off later than normal. Unless you have a P-pump or monster vp, I think .120" lines are out of the question for daily driving. I would start with larger crossover and connecting tubes and go to .093" lines from there if the truck idles ok still. I think more people would think your truck has a problem before they thought it sounded cool, it really sounds like something is wrong with the truck with 0.093" lines.

I have a 01 with stock vp44 all i have is 150hp injectors and .123 xover tubes and it lopes like crazy and ive got a buddy with the same setup that also does the same thing. It is a daily driver and its never gave me a minutes problem since changin them over

Last edited:
every truck is different. i had 220 inj and .93 tubes and it lopes just fine. bones has heard it. i have a buddy that is all stock and has just the .93 tubes and his doesnt do it. i think he need bigger injs. ive recently switched down to 150 inj and it doesnt lope as bad but will still do it from time to time.

A II HRVP and a TST comp turned up will make my truck lope so bad it shakes, but I can turn it down with the remote and it levels out. Getblown5.9's truck did the same with that combo too.

yes i heard fire meds truck lope and he was coming down the road to bring me and a friend a title to a truck we bought off him and as he let off throttle it loped sounds cool but it sux when your trying to slow a trailer and it starts doing that and everytime it lopes it lunges forward so you have to put it in neutral

in the next 2 weeks we are planning on putting on a monster pump on an auto truck will let everyone know how that works out
jeremy

Just buy some Jammer 5 nozzles and it will lope! Cheap and easy if you just want a lope and some smoke! Oh yeah and a little more power.

with a II HRVP44, 150 sticks, and tubes drilled to .093 mine loped like crazy. But only when it warmed up and didnt have a load on it. when you put it in gear it smoothed out. but sometimes it would die when coasting to a stop sign. but its an auto.

So, what's it take to make a 2001 have a lope idle like a geeky 12V? Any videos or sound clips of any lopey diesels are much appreciated!

Just curious whats so geeky about a 12V? Not to start a pissing contest, but if you wanna really get into it I would say a 24V is more geeky than a 12V. You have to work on a 12V and get your hands dirty to get more power. Your 24V you just plug a little computer box into it. Which one sounds more geeky :poke:

Back