Lost 5th gear on NV4500

Ok so my truck is a 94 regular can 4x4 and I thought that they usually have the 29 spline shaft and that's wat this part fits, well mine actually has the 35 splined shaft, so what is the deal here and can u still get the fifth gear retainer but in the 35 spline???

Never mind lol, just had a dumb moment wasn't thinking about there being a difference where the the gear went on and where the transfer case went on, it is a 29 spline shaft

The gear arrived yesturday and the part from fifth gear repair arrived today, they where very helpful and they shipped the part right away so thank you to them. Hopefully we'll be putting it back together tomorrow, just one question though ive tried looking up the torque spec for the fifth gear nut because i dont have a service manual and what i have found is that they say it needs to be torqued to between 270-280ftlbs or even more, is this correct that seems like quite a bit for the size of the nut?

Thanks

Ok thanks guys its all back together and running only change noticed its there's a slight notice in fifth gear when u let of the throttle and are coasting but just figure that's from the retainer so not worried about it!

Ok thanks guys its all back together and running only change noticed its there's a slight notice in fifth gear when u let of the throttle and are coasting but just figure that's from the retainer so not worried about it!

They told me to run an o-ring or some sort of rubber spacer between the 5th gear retainer and the transfercase to keep it from rattling. Worked good on mine.

Back