Make stock GOV Spring lope?

johnny big rig pm me if you are wanting a hogan intercooler i can get you a really good deal on one let me know if you are interested

thanks bonesmx2000, I sent u a pm.

Zstroken,
would the 5k gov spring kit loap more than the 4k if set loose? or would it be the same?

mine started loping really bad a few weeks ago, come to find out my washer fluid bottle came off the shroud and was leaning on my throttle and bouncing on it haha

If your gonna be pulling, you might as well go with the 5GSK, the lope I had, I stumbled on it pure dumb luck. When I noticed the truck wouldn't fuel at higher RPM's I tightened the springs down and the lope went away.

ok, so basically if I want it to lope and get a lot more top end fueling I should just buy a 13mm pump with a different pump cam in it?

MBusse said:
if you really want it to lope get a big billet cam.

This doesn't have the same effect as in the gasser world. The lope primarily comes from the fueling side of things.

soo... if you have a 4k or 5k gsk, and set the springs loose, that will make it lope??
Lance

zstroken said:
This doesn't have the same effect as in the gasser world. The lope primarily comes from the fueling side of things.
Actually the cam duration will make it lope but it is alot cheaper to just add fuel.

Sorry, bones I accidentally had pm's off I just tried it again.

Lance,
Yes, according to what zstroken told me if u set them loose like one good click it should lope. I don't know if it will only lope with a load on it or not, like the .120 fuel lines of mine do, a little. I would think it should lope without a load with the gov

Do the 180 pumps have a slit in the plunger? or was that the 215 pumps?

Last edited:
if you are talking about what i think you are yes the 215 pump's plungers have a recess in them the 180 pumps have a flat plunger design

I have .093 lines and holders and i have noticed a slight lope when letting the clutch out and bogging the truck.

Lance

yeah thats right i couldn't remember if mine did or not. Now when u say u have the fuel lines and holders did u mean the delivery valve holder or the barrel that is on top that requires the special tool and holds the delivery valves down? some people call them both holders.

If u were talkin about the barrel where did u get the bigger barrel without gettin the bigger plungers

Last edited:
im talking about the barrels i bougth them from a buddy that had gotten his stock ones edm'd from somewhere. The lines are from scheid.

Lance

So the entire idea is to design a truck that lope's and if it runs for **** so be it? Dont get me wrong i wouldnt mind my truck to lope, infact i would love it. But, i am not going to build it TO lope.

30* wont happen unless you have a different cam in the pump I would shoot for 22 or 23*...... oh and an ag gov is around 1000 bucks

oldsmokey97 said:
im talking about the barrels i bougth them from a buddy that had gotten his stock ones edm'd from somewhere. The lines are from scheid.

Ok, so does that actually make the lope go away?

Yeah I think I'll try 22* for a while. and just wait till I have a lot more work done and a bigger pump is put in to go to 30 or so. Does anybody know what luke thomas runs in ITPA? or Scott Amos, or Terry Coppess? Thats eventually what I'm shootin for.

Johnny Big Rig said:
Ok, so does that actually make the lope go away?

Yeah I think I'll try 22* for a while. and just wait till I have a lot more work done and a bigger pump is put in to go to 30 or so. Does anybody know what luke thomas runs in ITPA? or Scott Amos, or Terry Coppess? Thats eventually what I'm shootin for.

From probably 30-38. The automatics tend to run a little less cause they need a little bottom end to overcome the torque convertor, and they can't come out of the hole with the RPM that the manuals does. Coppess and Thomas are good ones to shoot for, Coppess can hit 5200+ going down the track, I would guess thomas runs in the 4200-4700 range, possibly lower going down the track. ITPA now has a 4800 rpm limit for this year. I would guess Amos is shifting in the 45-4800 range.

Back