Make stock GOV Spring lope?

PM 97'ctd he has a 4gsk for sale and there is also one on e-bay. You can shim it to get more RPM if you really need to, but I wouldn't. Unless you got a fully balanced rotating assembly I wouldn't touch anything over 4000-4100rpm.

Oops. I have been hitting 4500 with my bone stock. Granted a balanced assembly is great, but I wouldn't be scared of the 4500, unless you have insane mileage on the bearings, or the truck wasn't maintained well.

Is it possible that .120 fuel lines could make ur thottle stick open at 1500 rpm's
thats what mine is doing? but when i have them off it wont do it. I also heard it may have something to do with the camplate set up. anybody have more details?

Last edited:
You change and hijack your own thread more than Comp461 changes sponsors.................

-Tom

Johnny Big Rig said:
Is it possible that .120 fuel lines could make ur thottle stick open at 1500 rpm's
thats what mine is doing? but when i have them off it wont do it. I also heard it may have something to do with the camplate set up. anybody have more details?

What did you do to the truck?

I must say that I think Johnny Big Rig is a farce. Here only for entertainment purposes. Perhaps someone undercover. I could be wrong, and I'm sorry if I am JBR, it happens, but it all seems so...... I just don't know how to put it. Like a fish going fishing? I just don't know.
Anyway, good luck in your quest for answers Johnny.

Highly improbable I had to look up farce in the dictionary. I'm going to guess u ment " a seasoned stuffing, as for a roasted turkey.:fish:

Its a lot of fun when ur goin about 55 and come up to a light and ur rpms are stuck at 1500. purhaps I shouldn't have pushed the bottom part of the camplate off. I guess I should have spent a little more time and grind it down a bit rather than take it apart. ya think?:dead-horse-fast2:

Sorry Tom I'm not a forum pro slash puller with over a 1000 posts. but I'm learnin, I think.

Last edited:
A farce is a comedy written for the stage, film or in this case a web forum which aims to entertain the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant and improbable situations. As I mentioned before, I could be wrong. It all just seems a little off the wall to me.

You're governor springs aren't set right...that's why the RPM is hanging.

I bet it lopes good though :rolleyes:
Chris

Back