making transmisson lines

does anyone know how many fitting they used? I figure two 90s for the trans then hardline to an fittings for the coolers up front. then two straight fittings for the coolers. sound about right? is the hard lines on the cooler 1/2 inch?

Let's see...

Trans fluid out of trans:
- 1/4 NPT (male) to -8 AN 45 degree (male) (Earls)
- -8 AN 90 degree hose end (Summit)

Trans fluid in to trans:
- 1/4 NPT (male) to -8 AN straight (male) (Summit)

The fittings needed at the cooler depend on the cooler that you're using and the location.

Let's see...

Trans fluid out of trans:
- 1/4 NPT (male) to -8 AN 45 degree (male) (Earls)

Trans fluid in to trans:
- 1/4 NPT (male) to -8 AN straight (male) (Summit)

The fittings needed at the cooler depend on the cooler that you're using and the location.

no I mean the cooler up front. stock cooler. im cutting the hard lines on it and using hardline to AN fittings

Gotcha. Unfortunately I can't help you then. As my truck was a G56 truck that I converted to an auto. My trans cooler is mounted under the bed.

anyone have a rough idea of how much hose they had to use? I don't want to order 20ft if I don't need 20ft lol

for the record im not trying to be lazy and just ask all the questions without research or looking at the truck. im currently in Afghanistan and am trying to put together a parts list for when I get back.

anyone have a rough idea of how much hose they had to use? I don't want to order 20ft if I don't need 20ft lol

If you're good at making lines, 15 ft will be enough. If you're not, I'd order 20...

Summit sells AN SS line in 5 foot increments.

has anyone tried just running two coolers under the bed and eliminating the cooler up front? a guy back home has his this way and pulls a enclosed trailor and hasn't had any issues.

has anyone tried just running two coolers under the bed and eliminating the cooler up front? a guy back home has his this way and pulls a enclosed trailor and hasn't had any issues.

Im still using the heat exchanger, factory cooler with thermostat removed and running through a BD double pass cooler. I wouldn't want any less for towing. Can still hit 190 in stop and go driving with a load during the summer. At a constant speed with torque converter locked it will stay at around 150-160 in summer heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back