MD Tucahoe Sled Pull May 26!!!!!

demon said:
what does a fuel shutoff consist of ?

A cut off valve for the fuel feed line to your engine. but your not gonna be running in open class are you?

So do all you guys have all the safety equipment? Did you buy the stuff or make it yourself? What are they exactly looking for for the U-Joint shields? Fuel Shutoff? How many Loops per driveshaft? Got to start from scratch and build this stuff so I only want to do this once. I think it's BS for a street truck to have all this. The :rules: suck. I like run what you brung better. All the tracks start out that way then they start with the rules. :thankyou2:

Big A said:
So do all you guys have all the safety equipment? Did you buy the stuff or make it yourself? What are they exactly looking for for the U-Joint shields? Fuel Shutoff? How many Loops per driveshaft? Got to start from scratch and build this stuff so I only want to do this once. I think it's BS for a street truck to have all this. The :rules: suck. I like run what you brung better. All the tracks start out that way then they start with the rules. :thankyou2:

the rules do suck, i used to be against them...but they are there to keep the officials and fans safe.

imagine your lifted truck blowing a u-joint while spinning down the track at about 35-40mph wheel speed and part of that thing coming out and hitting someone. or even your front driveshaft coming loose and taking a chunk out of the oil pan...these things can and will happen and can be dangerous and costly.

however, i dont agree with a fuel shut off on a diesel because an air shut off with stop the motor no matter what, and cutting off the fuel is not gonna stop a runaway that is running on oil from a blown turbo seal etc.

i have a daily driven street truck and i run full loops front and rear and will soon be getting my air shutoff set up.

mikehalseyjr said:

Mike your not coming to the pull? My tranny is done:rockwoot: and I'm thinking about hooking to the sled!!

behrdzl said:
Mike your not coming to the pull? My tranny is done:rockwoot: and I'm thinking about hooking to the sled!!

Will,

No, I am not coming to the pull. I am all pulled out for a little while and I just got my boat in the water tonight, so I want to try to go fishing.

Brett told me your tranny is nice!

mikehalseyjr said:
Will,

No, I am not coming to the pull. I am all pulled out for a little while and I just got my boat in the water tonight, so I want to try to go fishing.

Brett told me your tranny is nice!

What a :homo:

dzlfarmboy said:
A cut off valve for the fuel feed line to your engine. but your not gonna be running in open class are you?

no , im just a stocker , just wondering how it is setup

thanks

What time is everyone gonna show up ?

im thinking of dropping to a 2.5 class turbo so i dont have to run the big class all the time.

Dyno at the Sled Pull

Just got the final details on the Dyno, It will be there from 12:00 on and cost is

1 Pull= $50
2 Pulls=$60
3 Pulls=$70

TNT Performance DynoJet248h

So whos coming and pullin??

Big A said:

Thats because unlike a lot of places, Tuckahoe has the proper insurance to run this kinda pull. It might sound like BS now, but its better than somebody getting hurt and the whole venue getting shut down.

1 loop per driveshaft, 4" wide 5/16 steel or 3/8 aluminum u-joint sheilds. The fuel shutoff is optional, what they really want to see is an air intake shutoff.

If you run street stock, all you need is a fire extinguisher.

Anyone got a pic of there u-joint shields & driveshaft loops. Just need some ideas.

SO oldschool what happen to you? i thought you were going to beat all the 6.0s. why dont you just save your money and buy one

I think I'm running out of High pressure oil, it won't turn and rpms going down the track and it threw a CEL both times. I'm asking a lot out of an old 15* pump.

Maybe I'll go ask mommy and daddy to buy me a 6.0:blahblah1:

huh maybe you better ask bretts (dzlfarmboy) mamma and daddy. idk why you dont let your mom pull with your truck its only fair, being that she payed for most of the stuff. If i had parents like that id def have a ford to kick bretts ass. But, since i brought my truck and paid for everything! on my truck . I aint got the money to do that. And how many 6.0L have you seen get pushed off the track by a kubota tractor.

scott 06 said:
huh maybe you better ask bretts (dzlfarmboy) mamma and daddy. idk why you dont let your mom pull with your truck its only fair, being that she payed for most of the stuff. If i had parents like that id def have a ford to kick bretts ass. But, since i brought my truck and paid for everything! on my truck . I aint got the money to do that. And how many 6.0L have you seen get pushed off the track by a kubota tractor.

w o w

Back