Melting_pistons build thread

Awesome build! I was in the same boat with leaving my truck as a street truck but that changed for some big mods to come. Seeing this makes me more excited to get mine back hopefully for truck mania this year

Awesome build! I was in the same boat with leaving my truck as a street truck but that changed for some big mods to come. Seeing this makes me more excited to get mine back hopefully for truck mania this year

Thanks man I appreciate it. I was really close to going with fiberglass/gutted interior. But I decided to shed weight everywhere I could without taking away from being a street truck. I’m staying all steel, leaf springs, full interior, hvac, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where in ENC? I lived there a few years.

Miles is a pretty good guy, especially if you're looking for rubber!

Yes he is...very knowledgeable! And I’m from Elizabeth city, about 1 hour south of va and west of the outer banks. I actually bought this truck from right down the road from miles tho

Thanks man I appreciate it. I was really close to going with fiberglass/gutted interior. But I decided to shed weight everywhere I could without taking away from being a street truck. I’m staying all steel, leaf springs, full interior, hvac, etc.

I’m currently in the process of going full gutted interior and bed for a cage setup now that I got my turbos and fuel done. Still rocking full steel body and bed sides and being extended cab long bed

I’m currently in the process of going full gutted interior and bed for a cage setup now that I got my turbos and fuel done. Still rocking full steel body and bed sides and being extended cab long bed

You race at sonoma or sac raceway more?

Damn, way to make an entrance MP. Are you one of those guys that rolls into a party guns blazing ?

Second day on the job, and you have more posts than members that have been here for years LOL

Welcome. I like the hot rod.

Thanks man and sure...it’s gonna sound kinda basic but it works...

I cleaned it really good with degreaser and a bunch of brakekleen. Then used duplicolor engine enamel. 3 coats of primer and 4 coats of base. Didn’t clear the axles like I did the engine. But just followed the instructions for wait times between coats/stages. Turned out good. I’m about to do the same to the front axle/steering components as well

Thanks for the info, it might sound basic but that's pretty much the same way I do things!

I thought you might have used POR-15 or something so I had to ask.

Hey man didn’t know you were on here! Ready for truck mania this year?

Yea I creep on here mostly! I was planning on it, it's the only diesel event left in cali.

I wanted to go to the Siskiyou one in Oregon too if that's still going to happen. Will you be there?

Yea I creep on here mostly! I was planning on it, it's the only diesel event left in cali.

I wanted to go to the Siskiyou one in Oregon too if that's still going to happen. Will you be there?

Do you have a build thread on here for your rig? if so I wanna check it out!

As for truck mania I will be there, I too was hoping to make it to siskiyou but I am not sure what they changed the date to.

Damn, way to make an entrance MP. Are you one of those guys that rolls into a party guns blazing ?

Second day on the job, and you have more posts than members that have been here for years LOL

Welcome. I like the hot rod.

Definitely not the guns blazing type. That type more often than not wears out their welcome prematurely. Lol. I’d just say I waited until I was well prepared for the thread, as opposed to making one and it going stale for a year and a half

Welcome.

Very nice build and write up.

It’s nice that you know how to spell and use punctuation also. :hehe:

Haha yea man thanks. I actually took some time the day before to go through pics and type it up ahead of time and plan out how I wanted to post it. That way I had plenty of time to proof read lol

I ended up selling the stocks so I had to throw the radials on for the time being...I think they are going to look pretty good on there! Hope to get some time in the shop this week to drop the front axle out and get it painted, and get the roll pan finished up.

P.S. yea, I know some of the paint doesn’t match 100%. In the sunlight it doesn’t look bad, but these LED lights in the shop really bring it out lol
d0f8eaae9f6b9e4451b3adeb856c952b.jpg

922d25e8c507ff2f41e3c47ec34d81e0.jpg

b8c5ee809aa15ce4830829cf9b63cdff.jpg

So...remember that reg cab at the beginning of my build post? Yea...it’s back. My buddy brought it over to get me to help him put it all back together and undo some of the voodoo stuff that the previous owner had done. I have started a thread for it on the Cummins performance page. Check it out under Redemption_5.9 Build
c195d5bc38606592c26a4b02defc1538.jpg

Finally got a cool pic of the truck lol. Really liking how this valance turned out and the new ride height.
0d84b6e530428d637ff5721a815f9acc.jpg

Back