*Mid Atlantic Pulling Association*

Mid Atlantic pulling Ass. mod class what should it be

• Total voters
I've been running at the Buck for 4 years and with the help of some other pullers we got them to make some changes in the right direction. You guys can fight them all you want and think you will strong arm them, but no brush pull around will put 5k people in the stands or pay out the prizes, or have a track like the Buck does. Their rules are making a step in the right direction, if this association's rules are similar to the Bucks that would be the best IMO. I voted 3.0, but should have voted 2.8...a 2.8 class, oem driveline, hoodstacks, hanging weights in the mod class is what things are working towards.

Dividing it and trying to make things different to spite one track and their rules is hurting us, not helping us. Just my lowly opinion.

I've been running at the Buck for 4 years and with the help of some other pullers we got them to make some changes in the right direction. You guys can fight them all you want and think you will strong arm them, but no brush pull around will put 5k people in the stands or pay out the prizes, or have a track like the Buck does. Their rules are making a step in the right direction, if this association's rules are similar to the Bucks that would be the best IMO. I voted 3.0, but should have voted 2.8...a 2.8 class, oem driveline, hoodstacks, hanging weights in the mod class is what things are working towards.

Dividing it and trying to make things different to spite one track and their rules is hurting us, not helping us. Just my lowly opinion.

couldnt have said it better myself.

X2 Well put.

Mason Dixon and lebanon signed on last night with three events each. We now have fourteen confirmed dates. Mason Dixon and Lebanon we have to follow their rules for this year, next year we will MOST LIKELY have one set of rules from easton to lebanon.Got Milk thanks for your help. Hope to see a good turn out for Saturday.

Mason Dixons dates have changed a little the site i got them from first was wrong. The correct dates are on the mid atlantic site now. These came straight from mike.

Mason Dixon and lebanon signed on last night with three events each. We now have fourteen confirmed dates. Mason Dixon and Lebanon we have to follow their rules for this year, next year we will MOST LIKELY have one set of rules from easton to lebanon.Got Milk thanks for your help. Hope to see a good turn out for Saturday.

so how are you guys gonna do the points for those events?

TJ, Im fully aware that it is idiotic to think about "strong arming" the buck and its crowd. I wish people would stop thinking that all this association is about is to kill the buck. Would I like to have people more interested in it than the buck, Yes.

The main goal is to keep this sport alive in the area and help it grow, not just at one track (the Buck). But I agree fully with what you said. If you have diesel rules that are nothing like the buck (the largest diesel event in the region) you will crash and burn. I plan on participating at the buck this year and hope I love it.

Cecilton the mason dixon lebanon setup will be explained sat night at the meeting it looks like it should work out rather nice

TJ, Im fully aware that it is idiotic to think about "strong arming" the buck and its crowd. I wish people would stop thinking that all this association is about is to kill the buck. Would I like to have people more interested in it than the buck, Yes.

The main goal is to keep this sport alive in the area and help it grow, not just at one track (the Buck). But I agree fully with what you said. If you have diesel rules that are nothing like the buck (the largest diesel event in the region) you will crash and burn. I plan on participating at the buck this year and hope I love it./QUOTE]

x2
Im not saying I hope the buck crashes and burns but it did take them 4 years to finally change there rules like everyone wants. The Buck has a hug event one of the biggest in this area, However not to take away from on of the guys on here that pull there but a lot of the crowd is young kids and other people who won't hang with the top guys not because they don't have the money but because they don't have the slightest knowledge as how to build a truck besides put on a 8" stack and monster intake and a Power puck. Guys that don't go to other pulls in the area. And 80% of the people in the stands watching are young kids that are only dreaming of being able to only thing about competing in an event there. No matter what the event is for that night. The Buck is the cool place for teens to hang out.
The Buck also charges too much money. They make the competitors not only pay to compete but pay to get in and pay extra to get in the pits
$12 to get in, $5 to be in the pits and $20 to pull. Other places aren't charging that much to get in and they aren't even making much money of the pulls like the buck cuz they don't have the crowd turnout like the buck does.

Its just nice to be starting an event like this that everyone will have to run the same rules whether here or there and be able to keep points through out.

Last edited:
Im not saying I hope the buck crashes and burns but it did take them 4 years to finally change there rules like everyone wants. The Buck has a hug event one of the biggest in this area, However not to take away from on of the guys on here that pull there but a lot of the crowd is young kids and other people who won't hang with the top guys not because they don't have the money but because they don't have the slightest knowledge as how to build a truck besides put on a 8" stack and monster intake and a Power puck. Guys that don't go to other pulls in the area. And 80% of the people in the stands watching are young kids that are only dreaming of being able to only thing about competing in an event there. No matter what the event is for that night. The Buck is the cool place for teens to hang out.
The Buck also charges too much money. They make the competitors not only pay to compete but pay to get in and pay extra to get in the pits
$12 to get in, $5 to be in the pits and $20 to pull. Other places aren't charging that much to get in and they aren't even making much money of the pulls like the buck cuz they don't have the crowd turnout like the buck does.

Its just nice to be starting an event like this that everyone will have to run the same rules whether here or there and be able to keep points through out.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but this is just a stupid post. What does it matter how old the crowd is and if teens hang out there? I see plenty of adults around. And why are people dreaming about pulling there? Its not invitation only, anyone can pull as long as they pay. And it seems like noone can hang with the top guy/girl bc that truck has won the points 2yrs in a row. So apparently noone else should pull bc they cant come close to that maroon cr

I'm sorry but this is just a stupid post. What does it matter how old the crowd is and if teens hang out there? I see plenty of adults around. And why are people dreaming about pulling there? Its not invitation only, anyone can pull as long as they pay. And it seems like noone can hang with the top guy/girl bc that truck has won the points 2yrs in a row. So apparently noone else should pull bc they cant come close to that maroon cr

theres been a different winner in the stock class every year.....

I just dont get what that stuff has to do with pulling there. Trust me ive had my fights with the buck, i went down in 05 with a hood stack and got a " you should have left it on the trailer" response from the tech so i know what its like. But to not wanna pull there bc they have a young crowd or guys/kids pulling that dont know much is dumb. Thats anywhere you go unless its a national org. like PPL. You go to the buck bc they have a good track with a big crowd and good payout, but thats just me.

I just dont get what that stuff has to do with pulling there. Trust me ive had my fights with the buck, i went down in 05 with a hood stack and got a " you should have left it on the trailer" response from the tech so i know what its like. But to not wanna pull there bc they have a young crowd or guys/kids pulling that dont know much is dumb. Thats anywhere you go unless its a national org. like PPL. You go to the buck bc they have a good track with a big crowd and good payout, but thats just me.

X2... Well said.

My point about the young teens isn't saying its abad place to pull because of it. My point is only thats why they have such a big crowd and all the attendance. You have your regulars that are there mostly guys right here on this site but those guys also go to pulls all around the area where as a lot of the buck crowd doesn't go anywhere else to pull. Which is why it would be nice if the buck and everyone would use all the same rules. But the Bucks reasoning for not using rules that others use is " We don't want to, We don't have to, We have a big turn out and bring in lots of money so why should we change to suit the pullers when they keep coming"
This came right from one of the guys mouths

This is why I have a problem with the Buck. Because they are doing well and make a lot of cash they don't listen to the pullers.
Its the same with the mud bogs ect

I understand all that, so since this association is looking for a better mod class rule setup why not follow the rules for the bucks new 2.8 class? From what ive been told they are suppose to really open that class up this year. If you ran those rules then you could add those 5 hooks to your pts schedule too and have 19 pts hooks. Most of those hooks are 2-3 hrs away for me but i'd be willing to make the trip for all of them if the rules were better. Right now making the mod class run 1" of travel is going backwards bc thats what the buck made guys do and everyone complained.

Back