Monster Pump Mike Torque Converter

I'm pretty sure CSI"s truck is in the neighborhood of 14-1500 hp and around 3000 ft lb of tq and a converters only last a few passes. Not speaking for them only going off my own problems with torque converts with the same style truck.

oh yea.. i knew it was high.. but didnt wanna low ball them or overstate the truck either. i just knew they were well over 750hp! and that they have had converter issues. maybe this could be a step in the right direction. who knows. maybe this converter will be the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm pretty sure CSI"s truck is in the neighborhood of 14-1500 hp and around 3000 ft lb of tq and a converters only last a few passes. Not speaking for them only going off my own problems with torque converts with the same style truck.

Thanks but our truck with the s-4 secondary was north of 1500hp on scheids dyno with no tuning time because we had problems :rockwoot: But seriously we need this problem fixed so we can make consecutive passes ! We just threw the hx82 sec. on there to try an slipp our way to a record pass LOL Im not bad mouthing anybodys TC but we just need to fix this problem so we can actually do some racing !

haha DDAAAAAUUMMM!!!!! thats sweet!! yea i think youll need a little more than a single disc. even if it is alot larger surface area than the typical single disc converter. but maybe yall could work with mike and get something worked out. good luck. love to see that thing run. yall are in indiana right?

Thanks but our truck with the s-4 secondary was north of 1500hp on scheids dyno with no tuning time because we had problems :rockwoot: But seriously we need this problem fixed so we can make consecutive passes ! We just threw the hx82 sec. on there to try an slipp our way to a record pass LOL Im not bad mouthing anybodys TC but we just need to fix this problem so we can actually do some racing !

Damn didn't mean to insult you over 100hp!LOL The only thing that is getting faster on our truck is me pulling the tranny! 35 min. on the lift and 50 min. on the floor.:woohoo:

haha DDAAAAAUUMMM!!!!! thats sweet!! yea i think youll need a little more than a single disc. even if it is alot larger surface area than the typical single disc converter. but maybe yall could work with mike and get something worked out. good luck. love to see that thing run. yall are in indiana right?

Well i think CSIDODGE should put one on his truck and see how long it lasts :Cheer:

So whos converter are you running?

jackblack99;yall are in indiana right?[/QUOTE said:
Yeah were from Elwood /Tipton area .
Tim you didnt insult us just thought i would set the record straight !LOL

rockjeep73 "So whos converter are you running ? "
We run ATS TC's They sponsor us them .

Can someone pm me mikes number so that i can get ahold of him . thanks.

CSI... shoot me a text and ill get it for ya...765 635 3942... and i used to live over in alex. just moved to the country between muncie and middletown.

i think they are (or atleast were) having the same problems jimmy smith was having with not being able to get a converter to hold up to their power.

Jimmy Smith and Dennis Perry both went to Danco clutch drives in their trucks... just about the only thing that CAN hold the power... Lockup torque converters were never meant to lockup with that kind of torque input...

Jimmy Smith and Dennis Perry both went to Danco clutch drives in their trucks... just about the only thing that CAN hold the power... Lockup torque converters were never meant to lockup with that kind of torque input...

thanks.. i knew they had changed but wasnt sure to what set up

Is Mikes stuff SFI certified? Like the plate that bolts to the crank and the flywheel mounted to the converter.

Did you happen to get ahold of Mike CSI?

Yes i did ! Very nice guy and good to talk to . He is gonna put it to the test on our truck here in a week or so . He has got my hopes up for sure ! Maybe a record pass here shortly :rockwoot:

Yes i did ! Very nice guy and good to talk to . He is gonna put it to the test on our truck here in a week or so . He has got my hopes up for sure ! Maybe a record pass here shortly :rockwoot:

Well hell yeah!:rockwoot: That is awesome where are you gonna be runnin it at. Mike wants me and my buddy Ty with a VP truck to run down at Beech Bend at the end of the month. I think Mike said the 24th:tree:
I really hope that this converter works for ya. Well let me know where you are gonna be runnin I would love to see the pass:rockwoot:

I this great stuff going on in Ohio and I had no idea....I am so glad i found this forum.

So where are you gonna be testing Mikes converter CSI?

Well its either gonna be at maybe Bowling Green or more than likely at Muncie dragway because its only 45 minutes away from us . We met Mike at Fort Wayne on Tuesday an went over his TC . Wow we were impressed with it and very anxious to try it . :rockwoot: Cant wait !

Back