More Cash Up For Grabs!

I think this stands a serious chance of being the #1 event of the year.

Need to know how the border check works now. Will there be any problems getting in and out? Need passports?

If you drive over the border, you just need a driver's license and birth certificate. If you are going to be flying, that's when you need a passport. Passports are going to be required in 2009 for all travel across the border.

You should come up for this event... I wasn't there last year, but I heard a lot of stories from people who were, and saw the videos... It's a huge event, and looks like it's worth the trip.

:Cheer:

# JANUARY 31, 2008
U.S. and Canadian citizens will need to present either a WHTI-compliant document, or a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, plus proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate. DHS also proposes to begin alternative procedures for U.S. and Canadian children at that time.

Last edited:
Come on, you don't even HAVE a dollar!!

They only trust you with paper money when it gets up to $2 !!

:D

shows what you know. we don't get paper until $5 billLOL
our $2 is a coin as well. makes for some heavy pockets. but hey we have real beer.

I would love to go but the 4000 mile round trip is almost $3000 in fuel alone.

Yes, it's expensive to drive across North America.

But with Duramax power, it will cost us 33 cents a mile in fuel to show up with two competition trucks: one towing, one towed.

My problem is the kids and our jobs, and if those don't stop us, we would love to attend.

Wanna Sled Pull? Casper vs. your truck? :D

shows what you know. we don't get paper until $5 billLOL
our $2 is a coin as well. makes for some heavy pockets. but hey we have real beer.

WHAT??? I could have sworn I had a $2 Canuckbuck!! Doesn't it have Boy George on it? Wait... Doesn't it have the Queen on it?

Yes, it's expensive to drive across North America.

But with Duramax power, it will cost us 33 cents a mile in fuel to show up with two competition trucks: one towing, one towed.

My problem is the kids and our jobs, and if those don't stop us, we would love to attend.

Wanna Sled Pull? Casper vs. your truck? :D

You crazy. Can you imagine Casper towing Orange Crush across the US & Can. that would happen about the same time hell freezes over.:badidea:

Looks like I'm going to pack up the family and come out to compete for the $$$. Can I run 2 classes?

all you have to do is win then. I would think you would want to show up at one of your sponsors events.

Thats the biggest reason why I want to go. We just dont have that kind of budget right now. I would love to go up there & put on a good show for Barry & the NADP crew they helped get this project going. Hopefully some day.

That's great (the purses)! Keep in mind, the drag racing purses are in addition to the contingencies available for those running specific products, which could add another $400 to a win!

Will there be camping available at the track?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

I was going to edit the existing post but I can't so here is a new one.

We have just upped the ante for our event. Now over $25,000 in CASH is up for grabs at The August Blackout. Nowhere else will you see one event putting up over $25,000 bucks in one weekend. Here is the break down:

Drag Racing - sanctioned by NHRDA

Pro Street: 1st $3000, 2nd $2000, 3rd $1000

Super Street: 1st $2000, 2nd $1000, 3rd $500

Pro-1: 1st $1000, 2nd $500, 3rd $250

Pro-2: 1st $500, 2nd $250, 3rd $125

Sled Pull Shootout

3 Classes each paying 1st - $2000, 2nd - $1000, 3rd - $500

Burnout Contest

1st - $1000, 2nd - $500, 3rd - $250

Show n Shine

1st - $750, 2nd - $375, 3rd - $150

Show n Shine Fan Fav

$200

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

You forgot about Contingency money, that adds another $ 4,200 up for grabs :Cheer:

And we can never forget the $ 500.00 perfect light bounty:cheer:

That takes the grand total to over $30,000 that is crazy there is no doubt this will be the biggest baddest show of 2008.

Television , Radio , and magazine coverage man i think Santa Claus will even show up for this extravanganza.
:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Back