My 2.6 P-Pump 24V Budget Truck

95psdF250

Nothing Special
I picked this truck up the end of last season from a farmer in Arkansas that was hauling cattle with. He was buying a new truck and wanted to sell this one because it smoked way to much and took to long to spool up. I bought the truck and ton of parts for $7000. I have since sold most the parts for around $3500-4000 leaving me with $3000-3500 in the truck.

Now the good part about this truck is someone had already converted it to a P-Pump and installed, S480 Turbo, Dual Disc South Bend and Head Studs. I was able to trace the truck back to a previous owner and found out the bottom end supposedly has been studded and valve springs installed. The came is suppose to still be stock.

We pulled the pump and took it to Northeast Diesel and they found it to be pretty much stock other than a fuel plate. So I had them do their magic and it ended up around 580cc.

We installed Schieds 6x18s, Schieds .120 lines and drilled cross tubes to .120. Remounted the cobbled up turbo setup that was blowing more smoke out around the flange than it was the turbine outlet and cleaned up a bunch of other cobbled up stuff under the hood. Also built a custom intake for it.

We also did traction bars front and rear, suspension stops, loops, weight bar and built a hitch and sled stops for it. Installed dual wheels on rear week before last.

I have roughly $8000-8500 wrapped up in the whole truck now after breaking and fixing transfer twice, rear spider gears, rear ring and pinion and drivers side front axle.

I am a Ford man and we are building up my Ford right now but I will have to say I am pretty pleased with how this low budget truck is running. I got pretty lucky coming across a truck that already was half way there.

This Friday night at Ozark Empire Fair. Clutch did not grab for about 50ft and we sheared off all the axle bolts at the end of the track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5dv5brR2Q&feature=player_embedded

Marshfield Fair week before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWLmy3mq-Jw&feature=plcp

Thanks Guys...

Like I said I am a Ford man. Bought this truck because it was a good deal and I wanted something cheap to play with and pull until we got my Ford done. This is the first Cummins I have done much with other than basic mods and I am pretty pleased with how it has turned out for no more money then I have in it.

Should post up a build thread with all the pictures! Sounds like a pretty solid deal on the truck tho

Should post up a build thread with all the pictures! Sounds like a pretty solid deal on the truck tho

I would post pics if I had some to post. The only thing I took pics of was the intake we built. I had posted it on the Cummins forum and people said it would not work well. I am running it though.

what are your plans for it?

Well I am not sure. I have thought about tearing it down once the Ford is done and seeing just what all has been done to it. Then doing some more upgrades to it and pulling both the Ford and the Dodge.

But I have a few people wanting to buy it soon as the Ford is done. I have had $10,000 cash waived under my nose already. That would make me some money on it but I just don't know if I want to sell it for that or not.

It is hard to say what I will do with it yet. I am sure I would sell it if the right amount of cash got waived under my nose. I feel it is worth more than $10,000. I may be wrong but I don't think a person can start from scratch and build a truck like this for $10,000 including the truck and all?? But I could be wrong because I got lucky and did not have to start from scratch.

That truck looks to be making some good power really. Clutch Could prob be changed up a bit. What class and where are you pulling

That truck looks to be making some good power really. Clutch Could prob be changed up a bit. What class and where are you pulling

We pull in 2.6 class in SW Missouri.

We are going to the State Fair this weekend. I have never been and I figured I mite as well go get my azz beat by trucks we don't see down this way.

Last edited:
Id say it would be worth more than 10k, deffently around here.

What gear ratio are you running in it?

Id say it would be worth more than 10k, deffently around here.

What gear ratio are you running in it?

3.55s is what it had when I got it. We thought about changing but I decided to leave it the way it was and see how it did.

Id keep the dodge and sell the ford. Dodge will run better and last longer. Thats just me tho.

Back