My current setup

I have been in the garage for the last 2 months. And here is whats duct taped to my truck right now. A Precision Turbo 6876, Garrett TV81 (85mm), TiAL F38 wastegate ran by a solenoid, big AFE filter, Haisley intercooler, BD turboguard (Tial 50mm blow off valve), NX 2 stage controller, The rest of the N2O setup is from a cheep ZEX kit, 12mm A1 studs, O rings, 60# valve springs, JL Machine injectors, 4k gov springs, HTT manifold, Hailsy street twin with old set of SBC 12 puck per side pulling disks.
I have my NX controller running the N2O on the 1st stage, the controllers 2nd stage is wired to a air solenoid on the wastegate line. If I hadnt bought the Zex kit last fall, I would have bought a NX kit. :bang *nx*
I made 3 runs at bowling green. The first, I lost a IC boot because I didnt tighten a clamp. The second run, I bogged the engine on launch and the 3rd try, I broke 4th synchro as the shifter went to the floor. None of my times were anything to write home over. I never sprayed the N2O because I didnt see a reason to try to blow it up if I couldnt get it off of the line.

forgot the pics

Attachments

• twins2.jpg
    twins2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 129
  • twins3.jpg
    twins3.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 80
  • twins4.jpg
    twins4.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 102
  • twins1.jpg
    twins1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 108
  • twins5.jpg
    twins5.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 86
  • twins6.jpg
    twins6.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 94
  • twins7.jpg
    twins7.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 49
  • twins8.jpg
    twins8.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 58
How quick do those twins spool? Does the setup work on the street? I really wish I would have found ya and seen the setup.

brnaodn.

How are you building boost at the line? I'm putting a NV4500 in mine for now but later when it is just a toy I will stuff the auto back in there.

Andy

Well barndon, the twins spool just a little faster than the 68 did as a single, except once it hits 15 psi, the needle quickly heads for 80. Cruzin up a hill at part throttle, the intake is at 40psi, the big turbo is makin 20 of that, and the drive is around 40. The only problem is I lost the nice purr of the 68 by its self.
I am in need of a bigger lift pump.
Matt, that aint soft coper anymore, its been heat treated, and yes, its the driver pressure gauge.
D&C, I plan on having a line lock on the breaks so I can build boost by Indy. I couldnt get off the line last weekend to save my live tryin to heal toe it.

Jff24Gordn said:
D&C, I plan on having a line lock on the breaks so I can build boost by Indy. I couldnt get off the line last weekend to save my live tryin to heal toe it.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Andy

Dazed&Confused said:
I had double posted, only thing I can think of.

Andy

Yes...I was making fun of you, then someone made me look like the idiot:eek:wned: :eek:wned: That's OK, I can take it:poke:

Either way keep us posted Wayne!
Chris

Signature600 said:
Yes...I was making fun of you, then someone made me look like the idiot:eek:wned: :eek:wned: That's OK, I can take it:poke:

Either way keep us posted Wayne!
Chris

:hehe: I thought so, stupid computer was acting up on me.

Andy

you want spool then set up one of the small solenoids to give you a 50 shot of NOS with the flick of a switch--you will spool---chris

csutton7 said:
you want spool then set up one of the small solenoids to give you a 50 shot of NOS with the flick of a switch--you will spool---chris
something like this with a 50 hp jet?

Attachments

• nx.jpg
    nx.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 31
brandon has it right--all on---I have mine on a switch that I hit--I can leave it on and turn it off at the end of the pull or turn it off shortly after the brakes won't hold the truck----chris

I had some people asking me what egt's I was running at indy.....
At 100mph, I am at 85psi, 80 drive, and 1100*
At 125mph, I am at 85psi, 80 drive, and 1150*
At 140mph, I am at 85psi, 85 drive, and 1200*

I think there is room for some more fuel in there.

Back