need bigger bottom turbo.

oldsmokey97

I need a bigger bottom turbo with more air than what the 74mm is pushing. Does anyone or has anyone have/had like a 80mm or an 88mm under a 64/14? If so.... how is spoolup and which one do yall think would be best to run under the 64mm with the mods that i have.

p.s. the helix 2 and IC i just put in made a HUGE spoolup difference and i just wanna go bigger.

Lance

Stay away from 88's in an s400 frame...too small of a shaft.

I have an 80mm wheel and cover that should drop right in;)
Chris

how does spoolup compare with my mods from a 74 to an 80 to an 88 on bottom, keeping the 64 on top the whole time. I want to know if anyone had run these setups and how they spool. Keep in mind the mods i have and i AM keeping the 64 on top.
Lance

Nathan ay MPI could give you all the info you need about both setups. When I do my twins I am going with a 64/71/13 over an 88 s480 and I think there will be a little lag but not much more than an 80. give Nathan a call or p/m him(soup nazi) here and he will tell you the best to run for what you want. Joe

I just went from a 75/83/1.1 S400 to an 80/96/1.32 S400 below my 64/71/.8. It spools slower for sure. I added a tiny bit more injector(went from Mach 6's to Mach 7's) and went to a lighter afc spring. It's not bad with an auto, but a manual would work better. The 80 is really quiet and comes on smoother with very strong top end.

Stay away from 88's in an s400 frame...too small of a shaft.

I have an 80mm wheel and cover that should drop right in;)
Chris

An S400 has a .393 shaft and a GT47 which is an 88mm comes with a .375 shaft. I don't think an S400 has one bit of problem with an 88mm wheel. I have seen several of them on a few setups. They make some big power....

I just went from a 75/83/1.1 S400 to an 80/96/1.32 S400 below my 64/71/.8. It spools slower for sure. I added a tiny bit more injector(went from Mach 6's to Mach 7's) and went to a lighter afc spring. It's not bad with an auto, but a manual would work better. The 80 is really quiet and comes on smoother with very strong top end.

Have you tried anything in between those units?? That's a big jump indeed.

I've tried 87mm turbine/1.1 ex hsg with 75, 78, and 80 wheels. Bht3b, 75/96/1.32 s400.

An S400 has a .393 shaft and a GT47 which is an 88mm comes with a .375 shaft. I don't think an S400 has one bit of problem with an 88mm wheel. I have seen several of them on a few setups. They make some big power....

I thought Tim Barber couldn't keep a 88mm S400 base together on his truck.

Throw a little fuel at a 62-71-.80 with a gt4202 and see how it lights.:D:D:drive:

Tim's problem started with a bent shaft that got missed twice (It wasn't bent much). The last one he ran held up fine. The compressor housing was cut over sized just to make sure and it looks like it was too much and hurt performance. There is a new 88mm wheel available now that flows better so I'm going to try it out soon.

Tim's problem started with a bent shaft that got missed twice (It wasn't bent much). The last one he ran held up fine. The compressor housing was cut over sized just to make sure and it looks like it was too much and hurt performance. There is a new 88mm wheel available now that flows better so I'm going to try it out soon.

Ahh , I knew their was something wrong with the setup and it wasn't the unit. As for the 88mm, I think I know the one your talking about. I saw it make 1225rwhp on a mustang dyno on a 347ci Cobra. That new 88mm is a beast. The S480 with the race cover only mustered 978rwhp on the same car and same dyno.....guess its a little over rated..lol.

i was just maybe hoping that i could talk to someone on here that HAS this setup and Daily Drives it everyday.
Just dont want it to take ten mins and 4000 rpms to finally spool.

lance

not trying to steal the thread but are there any upgrades for an ht3b?

Back