need bigger bottom turbo.

not trying to steal the thread but are there any upgrades for an ht3b?

Yes, there is! I got one from Piers' a few years back......kinda stole it from his stash :thankyou2: called it a 3b.5 much larger comp side same ex. I ran a 26 then found a 22 for it and that improved the spool-up alot but would get hotter on top.
It would get to 1000* really fast then slow from there ran it a few times at high 600's (692.5 high point) on a Mustang and could keep egts to 1400* just wasn't real DD friendly and we recently bought a 5th wheel so I went to a 4202/small 400 for better spool-up!
It's sitting in a box while I decide if I'm gonna use it on the wifes truck or not!

I ran a SPS 66 and a Big Brother(85mm wheel) years ago on the street with no issues, call it 400 miles a week average.

Jim

lance

I daily drive nathans mpi setup 62/71/13 ss S480 spools a lot better then my old HTT 66 single

nathan said with the 64 on top of the s480 it's just a tad slower to spool then the 62 / 480 combo .

sorry can't comment on the diff between either setup with a s400 instead of s480
never had opportunity to test both setups for to compare spool & top end so really don"t know how close they compare ?

maybe someone else will chime in on that comparison

with the top end pull of the s480 even with the small injectors I would NOT ever consider giving up any of the top end the s480 delivers

just small 1.5 fluxs in the truck now , but soon to be upgraded to( 3.5 fluxs ) I also have in the truck a schied cam / springs , dual ppe cp3s 5 inch FBD straight turbo back exhaust with a smarty tnt-r MP8 stack on the street with smarty on 9 and MP8 dialed up to 100 %

this mpi 62/s480 combo truck does run fairly decent fun to drive is an understatement !

Jim......... with what pump, injectors, cam?

Lance

p.s. pm me if needed.

Lets see first there was a 13mm pump with Dragon flows this was with a stock cam, then it went to an aftermarket cam (big) then a change to that same grind to fine tune the stage 3. Using 370's worked fine too just not as much power and later even ran the 215 pump I currently have with both DF's and 370.....issues.

Jim

Back