New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

Good to finally meet you man. Hoping to see the truck at more events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to finally meet you man. Hoping to see the truck at more events.

Same here. I hope so too! We are going to need the oil price up before I go to anymore ODSS events though, that trip cost about $2600. :doh:

Sorry to see yours run away, how are the repairs going?

79f34c042544ca61a8cb2f67010e428b.jpg

Been working on a few things... I am trying to make a cheapo 100psi boost sensor work with the factory ECM. I just bought a $30 100psi 5v sensor off Amazon and wired it into the factory harness. I rescaled the volts to psi table in HP Tuners and have it pretty close, about ~2psi at the moment. I just hooked the sensor up to a pressure regulator with shop air and verify the log to the manual gauge.

I am also changing my fuel lines up to the rail return so I can go back to using my rail plug and run 29k psi of rail pressure again. That made a noticeable difference in power in the old truck.

I tore the T4 s485 down and sent off a T6 center section to be machined so I can use a T6 turbine housing. Then I can just switch turbos pretty quickly and keep the same turbine housing on the manifold. I mounted the nitrous tank, so now I can spray up to a .063 jet off WOT. All these things should add about 300hp along with tuning so I can see what this new chassis is capable of with a little more power.

Same here. I hope so too! We are going to need the oil price up before I go to anymore ODSS events though, that trip cost about $2600. :doh:

Sorry to see yours run away, how are the repairs going?

Block is already stripped and at the machine shop. Should be back running in a few weeks

Sounds awesome Bodie.
Except the rail plug... Don't join the dark side!! Lol.
Honing the squirtguns out a bit more doesn't cost much. And it's much safer, more precise power

On a side note, if you ever fell like hitting the beach and come down Corpus way... Stop by the shop. Texas Gulf Coast Diesel. Would be more than welcome. Built a quality race truck yourself, in your garage?... Yeah. All of us would be honored.

Sounds awesome Bodie.
Except the rail plug... Don't join the dark side!! Lol.
Honing the squirtguns out a bit more doesn't cost much. And it's much safer, more precise power

I’ve ran it for a few years, I gained 2 tenths going from 26,500 to 28,500psi and I haven’t had any problems yet. On a street truck I agree, it’s not a good idea. It seems very common in the drag trucks I have seen. One of these days I will get some bigger injectors, but that will kick off an expensive upgrade list to support them. Larger CP3, built bottom end, injectors themselves, larger trans input shaft and converter... probably $20k worth of parts to support the potentially 500hp jump.

Got the 485, rail plug, and nitrous tank mounted. Hopefully the rain will hold out and I can do some testing tomorrow. Supposed to have a high of 67* too, see what this thing can do!

54bfd3cca184a2129e4989713db6c95a.jpg

ef67c555d809ffe11b0362f883cf34db.jpg

Last edited:
Is that nitrous mounted with no jet? Just the size of the solenoid ?

Is that nitrous mounted with no jet? Just the size of the solenoid ?

No, the jet goes in between the solenoid and jet holder... its weird I know. Just how NX does it on a NXD11110 kit. Its a small solenoid, only flows up to a .063 jet.

*nx* *nx* that should help spool pretty well! or are you just using for WOT

Just at WOT, this little 5.9 doesn't have a problem getting the 485 on boost with the help of a DPC 2800 stall converter. I am debating going to a multistage nitrous system for all out competitions. It would be nice to have for no prep/mexico events.

Just at WOT, this little 5.9 doesn't have a problem getting the 485 on boost with the help of a DPC 2800 stall converter. I am debating going to a multistage nitrous system for all out competitions. It would be nice to have for no prep/mexico events.

I love my maximizer 5 it’s awesome

485 and some gas should really get this thing moving! Interested to see if we can keep it lit with these baby injectors.

Back