New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

No kidding! Bodie, you have some excellent skills! How do you find the time?

I appreciate it!

The most beneficial thing I do is stay organized. I make lists, and set a certain amount of time to devote to each thing I need to do. Goals and deadlines get things done.

Refresh my memory on the engine build, is it truly a stock internal, stock block?

Stock block .020 over, 12v rods, stock bolts, stock .020 pistons, stock girdle, Hamilton 188/220 cam, ported head with D&J intake manifold. Balanced reciprocating assembly.

I am gearing up to build a sleeved 6.7 or 6.4 with billet rods for next year.

Cordova at king speed had* a few used. Not sure if he still does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great writeup. Glad you offered up so much detail. Too often folks get real vague talking about setups.

bodie, reading the write up and I stopped on the picture of the front shock/engine showing the NX port. To me, seeing the zip ties perfectly spaced apart on the bars made me realize just how nicely built and how much time you spent on the truck. :bow:

That is a great writeup. Glad you offered up so much detail. Too often folks get real vague talking about setups.

That's a Hell of a write-up!

Sweet write up. Gotta make ya feel good

bodie, reading the write up and I stopped on the picture of the front shock/engine showing the NX port. To me, seeing the zip ties perfectly spaced apart on the bars made me realize just how nicely built and how much time you spent on the truck. :bow:

I appreciate it guys. :thankyou2:

Got some testing in. Truck did good, just couldn’t get a good 60ft.

24809a09507205197a32930987dddf65.jpg

e1c993409fcdecb3435307d55cf48b7d.jpg

What was the bar and shock settings like. Have any video of the hit?

What was the bar and shock settings like. Have any video of the hit?

Testing 5/1/20 - YouTube

The first pass was the 6.38, I didn’t leave with enough boost for a good 60ft. Next two videos are of the same pass, I sprayed a .052 jet it spun off the line then lifted the head and sprayed water under the tires and spun again, I let out.

I weighed my complete front clip this morning, 97lbs total.

Front fenders with headlights - 16.8lbs each
Bumper cover - 13lbs
Hood with grille - 51lbs

97.6lbs total

I am trying to justify buying fiberglass... I like the fiberglass front clips, but I don’t think ~50lbs is worth $1500-$2000 to me right now. Playing with the calculator, that is .02 of a second in ET or 10hp difference. At this point it is worth putting that money towards injectors/engine parts. My reaction times are pretty bad also, so it’s worth just spending the money on going to the track more.

#logic

I retorqued the head Saturday and came back out for Sunday testing but couldnt stay on top of the turbo. It was hot, probably 90s-100* so that didnt help but I noticed the truck was shifting about 500rpm sooner than it should be... not sure why it would do that, I havent touched the Anteater in years now.

I ended up running it out the back to 142mph in the 1/4. Im pretty sure I gave my seat a mohawk because the turbo didnt fully light until about 130mph... that was a unique experience to be set back in the seat at that speed. sheesh

I cannot wait to get this thing figured out. This wasnt a max effort tune for my injectors either, 2000us, 34*, .032 jet.

Turbo lit at 130??? Yeah, probably couldn't get a toothpick up there without a jack hammer. Lol.
That's gotta be intense.

Back