New best for me........

matty169

Finally tried tall slicks to fix gearing and traction issues. I have no idea where to run tire pressures or what boost psi to leave at, but at 18psi tire pressure and 10 psi launch it runs 11.82 at 115.9 mph. I only made 3 passes so I have alot to play with as far as tire psi and finding the correct boost pressure to leave at. Have not spun the hides on launch yet. Going back Friday to play with tire pressure and try to find a better boost pressure at launch.
33x10.5x16 tires.
I may have too much water/meth also as egt never hit 1200 degrees. 51.2 psi max boost on Silver Bullet 64 and the entirely wrong VP pump for the application.

That thing hauls a$$. It ain't the entirely wrong VP setup if you're running that fast. I have a monster pump and can't break into the 11's to save my life.

Do you have the timeslip breakdown? I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
18 psi in a 10.5 is pretty high for cold psi. If it is holding then good on you but I would check how it patches. I would have started around 15 psi in the tires and leaving harder. Those tires like to be shocked out the hole. Just my $.02

I will post the slip numbers tomorrow. There in the truck at the shop. 60 foot times sucked for slicks(1.8x) and mph was down compared to street tires(115.x vs. 117-119)..
I know 18 psi was high but its just where I started. Limited runs, ya know.
I have to figure out a good tire pressure based on "patch" as Runnin says, but I need to figure out what boost I can leave at without spinning too bad. (mostly because I had trans controller set to lock converter at 1-2 shift and I didnt want it to spin, shift to 2nd, have converter lock and spit parts on the track) manual lock switch was broke.
Anyone have any guesses on boost psi at launch these tires should hold? Just clamped rear leafs with leafs removed. I gotta check pinion angle this week also, looks kinda flat when stationary. Can only get worse under throttle. I was gonna set it at about -4 degrees and go from there. Sound good? Also gonna make a set of Cal-trac copies when I get time. Then nitrous..... then BOOM, more than likely!!! LOL
What PSI is this turbo safe at? I think I'm near the limit and I dont have a gate for this turbo. Nitrous is coming Tues. Then BW 67.7 FMW billet/race cover and Steed comp with gate. (sitting on the shelf for a year in the boxes)

VP is a Blue Chip-X pump. They told me that this pump flows LESS fuel than a stock pump and that this pump is WRONG WRONG WRONG for what I'm trying to do. The pump is designed for better mileage. Thats according to Blue chip. He was shocked to hear it makes over 600 HP on the dyno.

Last edited:
I've seen guys get pretty decent 60's with those slicks. I've been leaving around 15 psi here lately to try and help my launch. I pulled a 1.73 this weekend, which is my best to date. I shimmed my pinion a couple weeks ago and I'm going to check it again. Mine was actually up 1*. I put a 4* shim in and it seems to have helped a tad.

I'm sure that's about all the psi you want out of that Silver 64. I switched from a Silver Bullet 66 to the FMW 467.7 and didn't gain squat. I'm not sure why, but it looks like I have plenty of fuel all the way down the track.

Also, your mph usually goes down with better 60's. Post a pic of your truck. I'm partial to QCSB 2nd gens!

Like said by DI your MPH is going to drop a bit if you hooking better off the dig. Not sure what the truck weights but with a 33" tire and only leaving on 10 psi I would say your 60' is pretty fair to HP ratio. If setup properly those tires will take some pretty hard launches. You have to remember slicks like to be shocked on a launch. My new setup I just started working with got much better the harder I left on them with no tire psi changes. 10.5's are no exception to this.

It's Mike's old truck. I think this link still works. Anyone want those wheels? Billet Boze one off wheels. Not another set like them anywhere, he had them custom ma

BadAssDiesel.com

I don't remember his user name. He just came on here to phuck with people and get banned........repeatedly....., best I can tell. It was kinda funny

I've seen guys get pretty decent 60's with those slicks. I've been leaving around 15 psi here lately to try and help my launch. I pulled a 1.73 this weekend, which is my best to date. I shimmed my pinion a couple weeks ago and I'm going to check it again. Mine was actually up 1*. I put a 4* shim in and it seems to have helped a tad.

I'm sure that's about all the psi you want out of that Silver 64. I switched from a Silver Bullet 66 to the FMW 467.7 and didn't gain squat. I'm not sure why, but it looks like I have plenty of fuel all the way down the track.

Also, your mph usually goes down with better 60's. Post a pic of your truck. I'm partial to QCSB 2nd gens!

Me and Murphy were talking about this earlier, the 64,66 and 67.7 all have a 91.4 exducer. I think that might be why you aren't seeing anymore power in your setup. And that explains why a lot of these trucks run so well with a 64, then get pretty disappointed when going to a 66 or 67.7 and expect a big power gain.

Just an idea..

Edit: OP congrats on the new best!

Last edited:
I've been wondering about that. I started realizing that about the 64 & 66, but didn't realize the 467.7 had the same exducer......

I've been wondering about that. I started realizing that about the 64 & 66, but didn't realize the 467.7 had the same exducer......

Yes sir. But more importantly, turbine selection has more of a direct impact than most would actually think. Only difference is the 467.7 gets more flow from simply being in the 400 frame cover at .63 or .66 464s have done over 800hp with big turbine setups. It's not always about compressor.

Yep, that's him. Duke1n I think.

I got the 67.7 to run with a gate and nitrous as it is SUPPOSED to flow enough air to support almost 1k hp. I'm open to suggestions on turbos for this heep. I don't know **** on turbo sizing, especially something that will spool well and flow lots of air. Remember, it's only a VP, so rpm range and fuel volume capabilities suck.

Actually to add to Spencer's post. 364,366,463(4),466, and FMW 467.7 all run the same 91.4mm exducer.

Mach 6 and Mach 7. They run the same times on fuel, but 7's are way dirtier. I got them for nitrous.

Back