New best for me........

What are the hole sizes on them ? Not familiar with F1s sizing off the top of my head. Also what VP ?

To be honest, I'd give Chris a call at E.D and have him set you up with a charger. He's got some wacky ways of putting chargers together that flat out work.

A silver 64 running 11's with a VP sounds like it's already "flat out working" ! How much does the water/meth help? I've thought about installing a kit for a while, but didn't think it would give me the 2/10ths I need.

A silver 64 running 11's with a VP sounds like it's already "flat out working" ! How much does the water/meth help? I've thought about installing a kit for a while, but didn't think it would give me the 2/10ths I need.

I wasn't disagreeing with that. But looking for that 2/10th or more your looking for, having someone build a non-box charger maybe the route to go is all I was suggesting. Imagine a 366 with a true billet 100mm exducer, setup specifically for your application if that 64 is running 11s. With the s400 charger I think your sacrificing spool too much to try and gain the top end of the track. I only say that being VP trucks. Where as a big turbine 366 will still have better spool than the 467 and have just as much top end power with the added turbine flow. I've seen 800-850hp on these 366s. And spool pretty damn fast for being what they are, which worked out great for track times.

I got you now! That's a good point. I waited a long time before jumping to an S400, because it was a VP, but finally thought that's what I needed. It's a fun charger, but I'm probably going back to S300. Me and my wife drive this truck on the street, and I want some more low end power.

I'm gonna see how close to a 10.99 I can get on Friday. Launch much harder and see what happens I guess.

Pinion angle, tire pressure, launch at 20-25 psi, cal-tracs. I should be able to get in the 1.5 60ft range hopefully. My best 60ft was only a 1.86 and ran 11.81 so I'm hoping that IF I can get to a 1.50 (probably not gonna happen), I MAY get close to a 10.99. They claim every tenth reduction in 60ft is 2-3 tenth reduction in elapsed time, so we will see. Probably only gonna hit low 11's but it's something to shoot for.

My best slip so far was only 10-12 psi at launch and too high of tire pressure but didn't spin a bit.

Reaction time....................... .0041
60 ft...................................... 1.8630
330ft..................................... 4.9959
ET@594 ft............................ 7.1494
1/8........................................ 7.6339
1/8 mph............................... 92.87
1000ft................................... 9.9283
1000ft mph.......................... 106.14
1/4 et................................... 11.8122
1/4 mph............................... 115.94

Thanks for posting the slip. I hope the changes you made will help, but I have yet to see a street truck like ours pull a 1.6x 60'. With those bada$$ brakes you have, maybe you'll be able to launch harder. My brake will barely hold 15 psi boost.

It takes more than a good launch to hit 10s.

Plug your HP and weight into the CompD calculator for a good idea of what to expect on a good run.

Last edited:
Launching anything over 10-12psi in a stock suspension setup is only going to hurt 60' times. When you jump into the light and brake stand it to 20-25psi, it completely unloads the suspension, and leaves nothing for the truck to settle into.

Reaction time....................... .0041
60 ft...................................... 1.8630
330ft..................................... 4.9959
ET@594 ft............................ 7.1494
1/8........................................ 7.6339
1/8 mph............................... 92.87
1000ft................................... 9.9283
1000ft mph.......................... 106.14
1/4 et................................... 11.8122
1/4 mph............................... 115.94

With a better launch, all I see in your HP based MPH numbers is an 11.60.

You need about 75-100 more HP to hit 10's.

You should be shooting for something similar to these two slips.

P1060757_zps063b5452.jpg

We shall see.............. Anyone can dream. Lol
Actually, this truck has excellent brakes believe it or not. Some kind of fancy rotors and pads and all braided brake lines. Whatever is on the rear has no problem clearing 16 inch wheels like I see everyone complain about. I have adjustable rear shocks but nothing fancy. Hopefully no rain on Friday so I can go see what breaks.

I just found something incredibly stupid. So dumb I shouldn't even share it.
Last year when I was dynoing the truck I had drag radials on and I was working my way up the settings on the drag comp. The dyno operator stopped during the third pull because the tires were trying to walk off the rollers. He told me to put street tires on and bring it back and we would do more pulls to test settings. I started at 1x3, then 2x3, then 3x3.......then he stopped. I turned the comp box off so it would be in the same place when I brought the truck back to the dyno. I never went back to the dyno and stored the truck for the winter then I broke the trans first thing this summer. I completely forgot about that box setting till I turned it on today and it was on level 3, sub level 3.
I went and played around tonight on 4 and 5. It pulls A LOT harder on the higher settings but I definitely need water/meth to cool egt's. The on ramp by my house I would see maybe 1200 degrees before on 3x3, now on 5x5 I see 1600 with water/meth and she gets a little squirrely.
Also found out they postponed the Real street drags till the 11th because of rain coming. I gotta go to great lakes dragway 130 miles away now....... I gotta see what difference it makes. How stupid is that? Comp is mounted out of sight and I never thought about it till I had my head under the dash. Damn am I dumb.................

Chit happens man, we all do it. At least you know it'll run a lot better now!

Back