New boots

Mike122

Tinkerer
Howdy everyone, figured I'd introduce myself here on the forum. I've been poking around here for a while, and decided it's probably best for me to just make an account. Anyways, name's Mike, I'm from a small town in Ohio and a diesel mechanic by trade. Been wrenching a long time starting on cars/powersports, and eventually transitioned to heavy trucks and equipment. Currently working on gathering parts for a p7100 swap onto my daily 24v truck. I've got a bunch of plans for the truck, and will most likely share them with all of you whenever I have the time. Excited to be here and meet fellow enthusiasts and enjoyers of all things diesel.

Currently working on gathering parts for a p7100 swap onto my daily 24v truck.

At least you seem to be a smart one! We've been trying to convince others to do this for over a decade!!!!!!

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Welcome to the circus!

Certainly didn't expect to check this thread after a long day and see all this hootin and hollerin. Anyways, here's a picture of my daily and of my show car. The daily is going to be lowered back down to stock height, or maybe slightly lower, going back down to 9.5" or 10" wide wheels, and like I say it's getting a p-pump. Definitely more fuel and air, and I might have some "other" stuff I'll do to it, depends how rowdy I want it to be ;) As it sits, it's nothing crazy, GDP fuel boss lift pump, 7x.009 injectors, taterbuilt 62/65, reaper traction bars, whole bunch of steering and suspension stuff, and little tid bits such as an air intake. I can go in depth on the show car as well if anyone is interested, I'll say this much, it was a long few years of restoration. The picture I've attached was from the first show I took it to back in 2017(?) I do believe.

Snapchat-2026854611.jpg

Snapchat-1855851019.jpg

Hootin always leads to hollerin.

Those are both real good looking rides.

Is the Fuelboss the belt driven unit?

Hootin always leads to hollerin.

Those are both real good looking rides.

Is the Fuelboss the belt driven unit?

Yup, the fuel boss is belt driven, have been running it for roughly three years on my truck, and haven't had any issues with it so far. Knock on wood. Factory lift pump is deleted, so I'm running it "straight mechanical" from the tank. Holds 20psi to the vp rock solid. Also have a filter unit from Richard over at GDP, great guy and great products.

That’s great. I almost went with a belt driven unit but couldn’t find a ton of opinions on daily rides. Using a modified factory piston pump now.

Same here, how many miles on yours? Assuming it's the pdd one?

Yep. I do around 25k a year and it’s been two and a half years. I’d say I have at least 60k on it.

I have my old one and will just swap in a Comp valve spring if I ever have issues.

Back