New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

Do you guys have any experience with these on 12v nv4500 trucks? I'm wondering what the difference in spool is like between exhaust housings and which one the people with more experience recommend. After reading this entire thread about 4 times, I believe a 64.5/73 would work for me, but I've seen recommendations for both .91 T4 and .80 gated T3. So what would be the best exhaust housing, since this is a street truck?

My experience with a 12v 5 speed and a 69 is above. Why is the 73 turbine a popular choice? 63/68/.83 ftw.

Ah I somehow missed that your truck was a 5 speed. Any numbers on what you put down with your 63? .83 T4 non gated? Whats drive pressure like with that setup. Are you going back to this setup from your new 369?

No dyno around here. Non gated. I'm sure there is some drive pressure because it's over fueled past 40 psi. Runs like a raped ape. And is responsive.

I also tried contacting cumminsrulez about his 64.5/68/.83 setup since its a 5 speed but he has not responded yet.

Not much help buddy. Just remember a responsive setup is ten times more fun to drive vs. A laggy one.

Last edited:
Ah I somehow missed that your truck was a 5 speed. Any numbers on what you put down with your 63? .83 T4 non gated? Whats drive pressure like with that setup. Are you going back to this setup from your new 369?

http://www.infiniteperf.com/#!product-page/c20v7/7400e85a-9295-f9f2-ba4f-ecb567077021

The 63/68/.83 I picked up from weston is gated.have no idea how she runs yet.just wanted to share the .83 from weston IS gated.might be worth a call into him,dude knows a lot about turbos.he talked me out of the 64.5,and 69. All depends on what you want out of the truck.call him,you won't be disappointed

http://www.infiniteperf.com/#!product-page/c20v7/7400e85a-9295-f9f2-ba4f-ecb567077021

The 63/68/.83 I picked up from weston is gated.have no idea how she runs yet.just wanted to share the .83 from weston IS gated.might be worth a call into him,dude knows a lot about turbos.he talked me out of the 64.5,and 69. All depends on what you want out of the truck.call him,you won't be disappointed

Care to share the reasons why the 63 over the 64.5? Would that recommendation change if using a non gated .83 T4 housing?

Richard originally ordered a 62mm for a secondary due to the amount of weight he would be towing, but at the time there was a back order and the 63mm was available.

Cool setup! Even at my power level I'd be hard pressed to do twins again.

Jim

Yeah triples seems to be the cats meow right now. So many different possibilities makes every setup fun to see how they perform.

Yeah triples seems to be the cats meow right now. So many different possibilities makes every setup fun to see how they perform.

I've been thinking about a smaller set, say 1000 hp! I know a turbo guy that sells SXE's. That would take a DPC converter to make it work!

Jim

Back