New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

What would be a good S300 SX-E triple combination for making a solid and reliable 1000-1100 rwhp on a 5.9 common rail?

Does anyone else have have an sxe with a .80 non gated housing ? I'm running a 63/73/14 over an s480 . Just curious about drive pressure with this exhaust housing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else have have an sxe with a .80 non gated housing ? I'm running a 63/73/14 over an s480 . Just curious about drive pressure with this exhaust housing

Having seen what the. 91 T4 can squeeze the gauge to and have half the fuel you do, I'd say it could be a tad high.

Having seen what the. 91 T4 can squeeze the gauge to and have half the fuel you do, I'd say it could be a tad high.

That sucks, I made the mistake of ordering a turbo and manifold before I even thought about going T4 guess I'll just have to throw a waste gate on it

That sucks, I made the mistake of ordering a turbo and manifold before I even thought about going T4 guess I'll just have to throw a waste gate on it

Im an anti t3-t4 adapter kinda person, but there's a guy local with a 5.9 running 69sxe/480 with a t3 on the manifold and a 1.0 t4 housing. Works great for him making 70psi 1:1 clean, and made 90 psi on his massive tune. Ran an 11.4 in a cclb with only 120hp injectors and dual cp3's.

Im an anti t3-t4 adapter kinda person, but there's a guy local with a 5.9 running 69sxe/480 with a t3 on the manifold and a 1.0 t4 housing. Works great for him making 70psi 1:1 clean, and made 90 psi on his massive tune. Ran an 11.4 in a cclb with only 120hp injectors and dual cp3's.

Damn that's pretty impressive. I think if I decide to switch it up I'll probly just sell the twin kit I built and start from scratch. If I tried to modify what I have to go t4 I know it will just turn into a headache

What would be a safe boost level to run a 68 turbine SXE at? I've seen on this thread anywhere from 60-70 for the 73 without problems but what about the 68?

What would be a safe boost level to run a 68 turbine SXE at? I've seen on this thread anywhere from 60-70 for the 73 without problems but what about the 68?

Did they make any design changes to the 68 turbine on the sxe series? If not I'd assume the normal limits of boost on the 68 that keep drive psi in check.

OK thanks. Weston said 68 turbine carried over. I didn't know if 360 thrust or other changes gave it extra strength. I will probably install drive psi gauge as far as that goes.

2x S300SX-E with a 53mm inlet restriction on a 17.2L V8 sport class Semi Truck puller max 2500RPM.

Great turbo. Wide working range and very efficient as well looking a the discharge temp.
After some problems with the clutch on the first pulling event they are now going home with a first place.

360.jpg

360.jpg

360.jpg

can you please explain what is going on here?:what: Is that the 53mm restriction?

Yes these tubes have a 53mm inner diameter and are combined with the air shutoff safety valve.

This is the common way to limit power in Europe. As long as you build the retricktor according to the regulation you can use whatever turbo you want except for TI wheels.
Good or better I don’t know compared to how things are done on the other side of the big lake. There is no point getting really creative with compressor covers.

Has anyone experienced the differences between spool time on the 64 and 69 on a 12 valve? If so, which housings were used? I'm interested in how they compare when using the same turbine housing.

Back