New From Delaware

Diesel Farmer

Farm Boy
Just bought my first cummins from a 89 year old man. its a 99 24 valve cummins dually 4x4 with 180xxx miles on it. All the man did with it was pull his camper to pa and ny. He had the paper work from the new trans 15xxxmiles ago and he has a banks big hoss tuner in it with the turbo scilencer gone. id like to blow a lil more smoke than the little poofs i get now what should i do

Hey newbie, nothing like answering your own question! LOL

Quad adr w/att is what my buddy has on his 01 and he can make that ***** scream the only problem is it wont defuel your truck if something goes wrong

By the way, the throttle pedal is designed to defuel if you lift your foot.

That's What happens When you come on here and the first post has something about blowing smoke in it.

from phone

2 plastic bags. 1 over the air filter and the other over your head!

Granted it is first thing in the morning right now....but that is the funniest thing I've heard all day. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Does that Banks Big Hoss "Haus the Gas?"

LOL

*bdh*

:pop:

Looks like you got off on the wrong foot.
My advise in these situations is to read more post less. Otherwise it's all uphill for you.

Well so much for the friendly welcome. Read about how to actually make power and correctly tune a truck. This ain't your daddy's farm tractor. And for future reference stupid questions tend to get smart a$$ answers

THanks atleast someone here will actually help

LOL Snedge IS a great help. Buy all your Cummins parts from him. We are all here to help you....we are just harrassin' ya a little since you started off with the "Oral-da-Cole" comments. Don't take it personal and get yer britches in a wad. Most of us are country folk and enjoy the same stuff you do. It is Tuesday mornin' and we all hate being at work and are taking out our frustrations on you. :hehe: In two more years when you and my mustache both turn 21 years old, I'll buy the first round. :Cheer:

:st::st::st::st::st::st:

Unburned fuel is for chumps

THanks atleast someone here will actually help

No problem. I like to help sometimes, but sometimes I like to not help. For some reason I felt compelled to step in here. Maybe it's because of all the smoke talk recently on these pages. I believe the best thing that the "High and Mighty" CompD guys can do is nip this chit in the bud when the issue arises.
Congrats on your first Diesel sir. You have picked a very fine site for learning the do's and don'ts.

Read read read.

Last edited:
Yea its sometimes hard to find stuff on here but use the search function and even if its not exactly what your looking for read it anyways. There's a lot of good information on here and a lot to learn.

Use the search function... Several times. If that doesn't work, post up a question in the right section. There are handfuls of very intelligent people here, for the record I am not lol

Back