New Garrett Line

.... Anyone notice their are NO 2nd splitter blades. This is the first step in a TRUE change in turbo wheel design.

WTF is this jibberish you're speaking?

Full bladed wheels with no splitters have been around forever.

There might be new tech in that wheel, but not having splitters isn't revolutionary. Maybe you should grab a turbo book and read it some time.

WTF is this jibberish you're speaking?

Full bladed wheels with no splitters have been around forever.

There might be new tech in that wheel, but not having splitters isn't revolutionary. Maybe you should grab a turbo book and read it some time.

First time for a "Performance application" my friend...not a commercial marine/generator unit. That basic design is 40 years old....but I'm pretty sure this isn't a 40 year old designed wheel. LOL

First time for a "Performance application" my friend...not a commercial marine/generator unit. That basic design is 40 years old....but I'm pretty sure this isn't a 40 year old designed wheel. LOL

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been practiced.

If you were in the know, you would know.

Not a new idea, but I see a small difference.

100_3027.JPG

i ran a gt3782r, had it up to 48psi no issues. buying a gt4094r now brand new 1500 would be 1600-1650 from store, they don't seem to expensive to me how much does a silver bullit run?

That not the silver bullet from II tho. Thats straight from BW. But if you bought it from BW and bought a t3 housing from II yes it would be cheaper, but you still have a journal bearing turbo. So the 4094r is BB and similar price and a little bigger.

That not the silver bullet from II tho. Thats straight from BW. But if you bought it from BW and bought a t3 housing from II yes it would be cheaper, but you still have a journal bearing turbo. So the 4094r is BB and similar price and a little bigger.

one of the key selling points :shake:

Haha why build it over and over when you can just get something that holds up the first time. Im not saying its a bad turbo, its proven to work on alot of trucks. I just don't see the advantage of it over a ball bearing CHRA. Pp say price, but the silver bullet bolt on is about $2150 and the gt4094r is $1800. They move a similar amount of air(gt a little more), but the gt has a bigger turbine wheel and i've heard it spools faster. Plus it should handle more over speeding abuse because thrust play kills turbos and BB pretty much eliminates that. Now with the gtx line it'll move another 10lbs/min give or take. Not seeing how ppl could go wrong with it.

Haha why build it over and over when you can just get something that holds up the first time. Im not saying its a bad turbo, its proven to work on alot of trucks. I just don't see the advantage of it over a ball bearing CHRA. Pp say price, but the silver bullet bolt on is about $2150 and the gt4094r is $1800. They move a similar amount of air(gt a little more), but the gt has a bigger turbine wheel and i've heard it spools faster. Plus it should handle more over speeding abuse because thrust play kills turbos and BB pretty much eliminates that. Now with the gtx line it'll move another 10lbs/min give or take. Not seeing how ppl could go wrong with it.

msrp on a bullet is 2050, you can EASILY get them for $1600-1700 new

but to each his own.

VGT is the future anyway.

Very true but compounds sure are nice for the present. Big singles aren't near as fun for DD's. If they can figure a way to sell vg compounds in a kit ppl couldn't be happier. Doesn't look likely for 12vs tho. Do you have a link for an SB at $1600 so everyone can get the good deal?

no i dont, call a decent sized vendor and get a price from them thats what i did. I bought a super phat shaft 66 instead, for under 1400 to my door drop shipped from II, this was a little over a year ago, but the turbos are the exact same, no reason for the price to go up.

Back